cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on integrating SAP ECC with SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question on the integration between SAP ECC and SAP ME. When a customer decides to maintain his routings and BOM's and production orders in the ECC system to be able to make reservations, capacity calculation, scheduling,... how can this customer execute the production orders in the SAP ME environment, with as less additional configuration work as possible to setup the extended flows in ME after the order was sent from SAP ECC to SAP ME.

For example: we have the master data in SAP ECC for materials, BOM's, routings and we send this data also to SAP ME to be able to build further on this data for the additional MES functionality that ME offers. Suppose we change the routing in ME by adding hook activities for NC routings, a functionality that goes much further than standard routings in SAP ECC. When we create a production order in SAP ECC and we send this production order to SAP ME as well, this production order creates his own "shop floor" routing and BOM next to the "master" routing and  BOM that was already send by ECC to ME. Now the problem is that these new created shop floor routings and BOM's don't refer to the master data in ME anymore, meaning that in our case that they don't have the hooked activities linked to the routings anymore. So in fact, if we want to make use of the SAP ME NC functionality, for every order the hook activities should be configured again, which means in my opinion a lot of extra configuration work.

Is there another way in which we can use BOM's, routings and production orders in SAP ECC to follow-up the supply chain and next to this also keep the additional functionality of the SAP ME system, without having a lot of configuration work, meaning setup master data in SAP ECC once, transporting it and setup additional functionality in SAP ME also once, and not for every production order?

kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bram,

Do you import SO with different routing name/rev all the time? If so I don't think that you can do something about it. But as far as you use the same routing name that already exists in ME - SO should be linked to it and reuse existing one and not create a new one.

Or did I misunderstand your scenario?

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Konstantin,

We first import the routing from SAP ECC, change this routing in ME with some additional hook up activities, then import the production orders from ECC (which are based on the original routings in ECC), but for some kind of reason for a new routing is created in ME when importing the production order, and in fact we want the order to refer to the original ME routing with the hook activities.

Btw, we don't use different routings all the time, just one routing for one material to produce.

Bram

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bram,

It would be good to see initial router XML going into ME and subsequent production order request.

Konstantin

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bram,

Also check Ignore Routing Update system rule. It should be set to TRUE.

Konstantin