cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Password link on login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I want to add forgot password link on the login page of sap e sourcing. Is there any settings that we can configure to add that link ?

Regards

Piyush Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I presume you are not using SSO with Sourcing as Forgot Password wouldn’t apply in a SSO scenario.

If Sourcing is configured to use an LDAP, you could go to the Directory Configuration and check Changeable Passwords checkbox.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this but the forgot password link is not getting displayed on the login page . Can you please suggest any other settings where we can configure this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have  installed  Sourcing 9.0 on the top of NW 7.3 instance.

We are using local directory for buyer & suplier users.

We are looking for forget password link uitlity on buyers login page .

But facing issue as  buyer user not able to change his initial password on his

own by any mechanism.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

The reason you are not getting a Forgot password link on login page is because you are using Local Directory and i guess local directory doesn't support forgot password functionality.

If you want to use this, then you have to create LDAP Directory and do select Changeable Passwords checkbox in the LDAP directory.

Hope this will help,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thansk for inputs .

If we would continue the local directory for tetsing sytems .

Can buyer be able to set his own password may  be using change password screen?

In case of supplier , user able to set his own password .

Since it is difficult to remember the system generated password  for buyer user.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Santosh,

In local directory also both Buyers and Suppliers can change thier temporary password.

By going to My Setting < Change Password from workbench.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

For suppliers it comes under supplier set up -> change password  application  & working fine .

But in our case we have  buyer  with (Purchase manager & application roles) there is no work bench frame apart from "Help center".

So buyer user unable to set his own passowrd by any media .

Could you help in this ?

Regards,

Santosh

Message was edited by: V G Kulkarni It is found that for buyer user , password change possible on its own using "setup" "system admin" change password. Many thanks  for information . Regards, Santosh