cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Log Message - “this item is not relevant for checking”

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created 2 sales orders (different document types) and 2 deliveries and transferred them to GTS for Embargo, SPL and Legal Control screening.

The first sales order and delivery was screened for all. The 2nd sales order was only screened for Embargo, SPL & Legal control screening, but the delivery document for SPL screening is getting a log message “This item is not relevant for checking”.

The sold to and ship to address are same in both the documents. The material also used and classified is same in both the document. The item categories and document types are also mapped properly in config.

I am not able to understand why am getting “this item is not relevant for checking”. How does the system assume whether the item is relevant for checking or not in SPL? What should I do to make all items are relevant for checking through GTS?

Thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

annmarie_cahill
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Within the Table /SAPSLL/CUIT there is a field called ITREC which is flag indicating whether item is relevant for checking or not. This comes from the Feeder System. If it is checked only then
Services will run for the line item.

For a Sales Order :
ITREC: is true if the line item is not completely delivered yet
For a Outbound Delivery:
ITREC: is true if the goods issue has not been posted yet
For a Purchase Order:
ITREC: is always true if line item is not marked for deletion.

Are the line items completely delivered & goods issued?, perhaps this is why the check is not performed?

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

AnnMarie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AnnMarie and Dave. You have certainly helped me understand and solve this issue.

Many Thanks,

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Although you say that the Document Types and and Item Categories are mapped correctly, it's difficult to avoid the conclusion that one of them is not activated for the required checks.  The message you mention is produced only if the Doc.Type & Item Cat. are not relevant for any checks.

Could you please confirm?  If everything does look ok, then let us know which version of GTS you are using.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Dave.

The Document type used is OR and Item category used in TAN. Both of them are configured respectively in GTS.

The log entry am getting is like this:-

Time of Check 2012/04/19, 04:13:20

Check Item XXX

Check Item 10

Relevant Check Date for Item: 2012/04/19 (time 12:00:00)

This item is not Relevant for Checking

Current GTS version is 7.2

Thanks,

Rob

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I checked the coding in GTS 7.2 in a little more detail.  Assuming that both documents fall into the same Legal Regulation (and I guess they must, for the same Ship-to), then the functionality should only depend on the services for which the Document Types and Item Categories are activated.

The Document Type just needs to be assigned to each service, but the Item Category has a little associated configuration - Depreciation Group and "adopt Legal Control from Preceding Item" check-box.  That check-box can have an effect in some circumstances.

I can't see any other explanations for the behaviour - perhaps other readers have ideas?

Regards,

Dave