cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a urgent requirement from client related to Credit Management in SD.

The scenario is-

Customer XYZ is having credit limit of 1Lacs.

I created a sales order for 10 quantities and 10 lacs value.

What i want is:

When i create outbound delivery, the system should allow me delivery upto 1 lacs (i.e. upto the credit limit).

If the delivery quantity exceeds beyond the 1 lacs, it should block / give error at the time of delivery.

so the system should allow me to delivery only 1 lac value products and make the invoice for the same.

Is it possible to do it?

I have maintained settings as -

Credit limit check for order types - Credit management: Automatic credit control (D) and Credit Group for Goods Issue (03)

Credit limit check for delivery types - Credit Group for Delivery (02) and Credit Group for Goods Issue (03)

In OVA8 -

I have Credit Update - 000012

Selected Item Check field

Selected Static field - Reaction 'B' - Marked Status field - Marked Open Orders field.

Selected Document Value Field - Reaction 'B' - Marked Status Field - Maximum Value 99,999,999,999.00

Let me know if this configuration is correct. If i am wrong somewhere then pls correct me.

I would be very thankful if you can help me out in this scenario since this is an urgent requirement from client.

Thanks and regards

AB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Solution for your requirement is simple.

Maintain the following settings in OVA8 screen. If you want to have static credit check, maintain all the basic settings of credit check and maintain credit master in FD32 and then in OVA8 screen make the following settings.

1. Mark the static credit check check box

2. Take the reaction of static credit as B

3. Check the status check box. This will block the document and will not be processed until released if document is already created. In this case system will not allow you to create at all.

4. Check open orders and open deliveries check boxes according to your requirement. If you check open orders system will consider open orders wile evaluating credit and if you don't check it system will not consider them while evaluating credit. Same is the case with open deliveries check box.

Make this settings for the combination of credit control area, risk category, credit group- 02 and update group 000012. (This will check while creating delivery)

If you want to have a check again at GI level, Then maintain an additional record in OVA8 with same combination and use the credit group-03 instead of 02.

Now create an order with net value 10 lakhs. As we have no credit check done at order level system passes the document. But if you try creating a partial delivery for any amount greater than 1 lakh before saving it will throw error (Static credit check exceeded by ------ can't save the delivery) and will not allow you to save it.

If it permits you to save then there must be some issue with the settings of credit management. To know the reason, check the analysis of the credit done for the delivery using the program CHEC_CM in SE38 or SA38 by inputting the delivery number. This gives the complete information of the parameters system evaluated the credit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tilak,

I solved the issue with the same settings you said before. but the explanation you provided is certainly very helpful.

Thanks alot.

Cheers

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By changing the qty from 10 to 1 in the Delivery and picking . it will work.

Regards,

Raviteja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raviteja,

thank you for your reply. but i already tried by changing the delivery quantity.

the scenario is, the credit limit for customer is set to 1 lac in FD32. The sales order qty is 10 worth 10 Lacs ( 1 Lac each) so the sales order value is 10 Lacs. Here, no block for sales order since the sales order is created one time only and the delivery is made partially.

Now i make delivery for qty 1 and invoice is raised for the same worth 1 Lacs, then the system should allow  this.

But the system should not allow me to deliver any other quantities unless and untill the previous 1 lacs is settled since the credit limit is 1 lac. So if the credit limit exceeds the system should prohibit me from doing any further deliveries. So system should block further deliveries if the amount is not settled.

Hope this makes you clear.

Thanks and regards

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u maintained combination at OVA8 for Dcoument credit group '02'- Credit group for delivery or '03' - Credit group for goods Issue for your respective cr ctrl area and risk category. If you maintain the configuration for the specific combination credit management will be carried out during delivery and goods issue.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

I have maintained settings as -

Credit limit check for order types - Credit management: Automatic credit control (D) and Credit Group for Goods Issue (03)

Credit limit check for delivery types - Credit Group for Delivery (02) and Credit Group for Goods Issue (03)

In OVA8 -

I have Credit Update - 000012

Selected Item Check field

Selected Static field - Reaction 'B' - Marked Status field - Marked Open Orders field.

Selected Document Value Field - Reaction 'B' - Marked Status Field - Maximum Value 99,999,999,999.00

In FD32,

I have set the credit limit of customer to 1 Lac.

Let me know if this configuration is correct. If i am wrong somewhere then pls correct me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check whether u have maintained Risk category of the customer in FD32 for which you have done credit mgt. config.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, risk category has been maintained in FD32.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For better understanding have a chat in Skype , my skype ID raviteja500.

Regards,

Raviteja