cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling direct material procurement (PDP) in classic scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We are in the environment of SRM 7.01/ ECC 6 enhpk 5 and configuring the classic scenario for our implementation. Since Direct material procurement is not supported in the classic deployment, we are thinking about enhancement.

I need guidance and suggestions from you guys:

I am thinking of two BADI's as of now:

1. DETERMINE_LOGSYS_BADI: Using the BADI, I am planning to help the system to force the 'backend ECC system' selection. In the standard system behaviour, the system will always try to create the purchase order locally in the SRM system. Using the Badi, I will force the system to select the backend system for PO creation.

2. BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW Method FILL_PO_INTERFACE1

Using the BADI, I will make the account assignment blank  in the SRM and enable the PO to pick up the account details based on the direct material configuration in the backend system.

I have referred the similar thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1996731 where there is an additional BADI ' BBP_TARGET_OBJECTS '. I am not using the BADI as for me, the default object is from sourcing cockpit is always a purchase order.

Please, share your experience if I am moving in the right direction.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan Sutradhar,

You can also think of Enhancement pack2 for SRM.

As of SAP Ehp2 for SAP SRM 7.0 you can use Direct Materials to create backend documents for the following scenarios:
• Ordering a shopping cart
• Carrying out sourcing for the shopping cart
• Carrying out souring for a purchase requisition transferred from the backend SAP ERP system

For a shopping cart with indirect or direct material, there is no longer any difference in creation of the follow-on documents.
Enabling Direct Materials in the Classic Scenario allows the system to create follow on documents for direct materials in Classic Scenario in the backend.

Regards,
Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, SRM 7.02  is still on ramp up. We are aware of 7.02 flexibility and indeed tried to give it a go.

Regards,

Ranjan

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

We face the same problem here. So...how do you resolve this?

Best regards,

John

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello RBEI SRM,

How can I  enable Direct Materials in the Classic Scenario . I am creating a PR in R/3 system and transferring it into SRM.Now when I checked the Tcode BBP_PD the sourcing_rel_ind is Blank which should be X.Due to which I am not able to see the requistions.

My concern is how to enable for Direct Materials in local system.

Regards

Gautam

Answers (0)