cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegging issue - CTM not planning although component is available

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run CTM to plan for finished product using interval planning and also build safety stock. Recently we are having issue in meeting safety stock for the month of April and May. The CTM log shows that one of the components (570115) is not available. However we see sufficient stock for that component.

SAP has suggested using the check box ‘Deactivate dynamic pegging’ in the product master. Can you please let me know what will be the impact id we check this box? I have attached the screen shots below for the different settings we have. Let me know if you find anything which can cause this issue.

Thank you for your time.

CTM log points to non availability of component although there is stock

Product master settings for the component – Does the settings look ok?

CTM settings

We recently added this planning parameter (OSS 1572256)

Thanks

Soumen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Probably, your stock would have been reserved as safety stock or pegged for a demand/forecast. These pegging relationships can be analyzed in product view (t.code /SAPAPO/RRP3). For details on pegging, please check the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/a1/5dab405f561314e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Safety Stock:

• Please check one more setting for your active version (t.code /SAPAPO/MVM) as highlighted in the following screenshot.

CTM planning ignores the Build Up Safety Stock indicator if you have specified Safety Stock      method SB or SM and selected in the current planning version under PP/DS: Consider Safety      Stock, the option Consider Safety Stock in liveCache (Option 3). The system then builds up      safety supply demands in the liveCache. CTM planning handles these safety supply demands in      the demand prioritization as it does all other demands.

• The above setting was set with different value rather than 3. But, Your CTM profie setting driving CTM to build safety stock and using dynamic pegging. Please maintain the profile as suggested in the SAP note, so that system will not consider the dynamic pegging relationships and consider the planning parameter  DEACTIVATE_DYNAMIC_PEGGING.

You need not to change your master data setting i.e.‘Deactivate dynamic pegging’.

Due to the planning parameter in CTM profile, the CTM plan will not consider master data value.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Our /SAPAPO/MVM setting is 2 (Consider Virtual Safety Stock Elements). We use safety stock method AS. I tried with the CTM profile you suggested but it is only planning for safety stock (checked Do Not Plan Demands). We are having a good production plan down the line when more shipments of the component arrives but not in April and May. it seems to be the issue with one particular component. Although it has a lot of stock, somehow CTM is not able to get it and dropping the SS demand for April and May.

I am going to try now with only checking the 'Stock is available' and not the other one to see if I get a different result.

Thanks

Soumen

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

For the planning parameter that you set based on SAP note, it is required to set 'Do not plan demands' flag. It is also required to set 'Stock is available' flag, otherwise system uses available stock for building safety stock without creating any receipts. So, run CTM with both these settings checked.

As mentioned, use t.code /SAPAPO/RRP3 (Pegging Overview) to have clear visibility on pegging relationships.

If there is an issue still, please post the screenshots of CTM run (explanation of planning run with search path) and pegging overview (/sapapo/rrp3).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have come across similar issue. I am running CTM twice first for Sales Order then for Forecast and Target Stock demands. CTM profile for sales orders does not pick entire available stock for material-location. Product view shows available stock being pegged to target stock.

I have not maintained "Build Safety Stock" in CTM profile (this checkbox is not checked) also I have checked check box "Deactivate Dynamic Pegging" in product master.

My CTM profile is configured for Fixed Pegging. Any idea why it is still pegging stock to target stock?

Appreciate your help!!!

PSW