cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Master - Upload program issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i am working an ABAP program(BDC) to upload the product master data in SCM 4.1 system for transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1. I am facing a problem with data passing. Even though the values are passing from the internal table correctly to BDCDATA, after creating the first record, the second record is not passing to the screen and the same first record is passing always after creating the first.

I have tried in both Session and Call Transaction by clearing the Parameter - ID's also.

Can anybody give me the solution for this? Is there any BAPI to create the Product master in SCM 4.1?

Please give me your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Sasidhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still not able to figure out how should I upload the product memo text in the product master. I am not able to transfer the material memo in Material master MRP4 view to SCM product master.

Is there any std BAPI or a Function module to do so,Please let me know.

Thanking you in advance

Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasi,

Use the 'BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2' function module to create or change the Products in APO.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you for your help. I am using the BAPI and able to create the Product, But the material text is not getting created in the system, even though it is passing perfectly to the BAPI. And can you explaing me If i use COMMIT_CONTROL as space product is not getting created and nothing is available in the BAPI Return. If is use either A or E, then only the product is getting created.

Can you help me in this? If you have sample code, can you pass it to me?

Regards,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

In BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 the COMMIT_CONTROL will do the following:

- space or blank will tell the BAPI that it need not worry about commiting the data because it will be taken care of elsewhere

- A tells the BAPI that it should commit the data to the database unless an A level message occurs

- E tells the BAPI that it should commit the data to the database unless an A level or E level message occurs

This gives you the flexibility to code the commit as you want and to allow for the creation of the product even if an E level message occurs (may result in loss of information).

As far as the text problem you are having make sure the fields in PRODUCT_TEXT and PRODUCT_TEXT_X are filled out correctly. Note the internela and external matnr fields are different and should match the PRODUCT_HEAD table. Also the LANGU field needs to be populated.

Hope this helps

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to use the BAPI. Thanks for all your help in this regard.

Currently i am facing only one issue. In the SNP2 screen of the Product Master, there is Flag for NOFIX. Eventhough i am passing the values here perfectly, only this value is not getting populated. Can you tell me is there any dependency to update this field.

Is there any other way to update this field?

Regards,

Sasidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar ,

can you pls send me the sample code for product master upload

i need to use the same bapi

so it can help to code further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasidhar,

Don't think there is an issue of APO transaction code or the parameter id. Check once, you are REFRESHing the BDCDATA table immediate after the call transaction.

Rgds,

Sarah.