SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAI Bank Statement Processing in using FI for FICA

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have FI and FICA modules; our FI module processes bank BAI file (cash file) and FICA module processes payment lot (FP05) file. On an average we receive payment lot file (FP05) today and BAI file tomorrow. So is it okay if we handle all bank cash receipt reconcilliation through FI only without using FPB6? So our payment lot (FP05) will debit bank clearing account and BAI file FI processing will credit this same bank clearing account with debit to main cash account.

Please let me know if this approach is okay. Thanks.

Regards.

A-jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approach you describe has been used in previous implementations I have worked on.

In addition to the BAI FI processing, the business users also requested previous days summary postings (i.e. by Posting date)  to the bank clearing account. This was done to ensure that what was posted to Bank Clearing Account  in FI-CA the day before is a close-enough figure to what is posted via the BAI file the following day.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approach you describe has been used in previous implementations I have worked on.

In addition to the BAI FI processing, the business users also requested previous days summary postings (i.e. by Posting date)  to the bank clearing account. This was done to ensure that what was posted to Bank Clearing Account  in FI-CA the day before is a close-enough figure to what is posted via the BAI file the following day.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.