cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection types with MDM and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are intereseted on implementing the SRM-MDM Web Catalog for centralising all products bought and sold.

Probably we will create a repository for purchases and another different for sales.

Then, we want to connect Web Catalog from MDM with SAP R/3 (modules MM and SD). So, when a user is creating a purchase order or requisition in SAP R/3 (ME21N and ME51N) and we need to select a material, depending on the purchase order type for example, it should appear a new window with the MDM Web Catalog.

I know that this connection between MDM and MM in R/3 can be done through the following Business Functions:

LOG_MM_PS2PSE_1 'Procurement - SRM Integration 1'

LOG_MM_PS2PSE_2 'Procurement - SRM Integration 2'.

But I don't know if there exist any Business Function in R/3 that allows to connect when anytime you are searching a material with the MDM Catalog.

Many thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,

Carlos Santamaría.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Carlos,

The MDM integration to ERP is provided via business function  LOG_MM_PS2PSE_2. But you also need LOG_MM_PS2PSE_1 as this is a prerequiste.

I am not clear what exactly you looking for.

Login to ERP and use tcode : spro

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Activate Business Functions

Then configure your MDM catalog and define the configured MDM catalog as a webservice.

path: SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Materials Management->Purchasing->Environment Data->Web Services: ID and Description

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

I know it's possible to integrate MDM with the ERP for Purchase orders or Requisitions.

But only for this documents?

Each time we want to search for a material, can we open the Web Catalog?

I don't know if it is possible to integrate the MDM Catalog for Sales Orders, and if this is possible how to do it? Do we need to install different Business Functions for that?

Thanks,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The business functions mentioned above are for SRM and ERP integration only.

If you are using SRM MDM catalog then you can have catalog access to Purchase requistion and purchase order documents only in ERP.

I dont think you can use SRM MDM catalog with sales orders and so on.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Could anybody confirm that it's not possible to integrate MDM with SD module in R/3?

Then, is it necessary to implement any solution from CRM instead of SRM-MDM?

Or is it possible to do a development for integrating MDM with materials in SD module?

Thanks for your replies!

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

If you want to integrate SD Module with MDM, You need to go for MDM Implementation using Customer Repository and Product Repository.

Answers (0)