cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Exception in MDM Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I get Internal Error with message Unknown Exception when I open the import map in IM however same file and map can be opened successfully in Production. Can you please throw somelight what could be causing this?

Import File Type - XML Schema

MDM Server - MDM 7.1 SP06

Thanks,

JItesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitesh

Sometimes These kind of error occurs due to xml uploaded in console doesnot match with the xml file you want to import. May be structure is different or some fields are missing.  check this problem

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful replies.

I have already tried Export-Import of Production map into Quality but issue still persists.

If there would be any structure mis match then I should get the same error in Production and Development as well since we are using the same xsd.

There are no join conditions in the map

Another thing we have noticed is the available memory in Q environment. Even though system has 8GB of memory but when I try to open the map it almost occupies full memory space.

Regards,

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Sometimes 'Unknown Exception' happens if you are receiving 'Space' appended to segment values.

For example, in MDM, if field has been specified to take 3characters but in source file you are receiving say 4 or 5 characters due to appended Spaces, then system is unable to handle the situation and raises Unknown Exception. Best way to check this is to open XML file in Notepad because in IE appended spaces would not be visible.

Also you could check this in IM if field mapping is being done by the system automatically.

Then in value mappings pane, you can see if same value is being mapped multiple times then it means that appended spaces are coming for that values in source file.

Also as suggested in other posts, you can search for junk values.

I hope it helps. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Does your Map have Join conditions?

Also please try exporting your map with extension ".map" and Import it into the required environment.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

The map may have got corrupt.try to export and import the map from prod to required system again and see if it is wrking .

If possible also see if this problem persists with IM or working fine when executed through Import Server.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Please check for the following-

1. Values coming from the file and field type defined in the schema.

2. Also check if the values for field is falling beyond the limit as defined in the schema.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There can be N number of reason for this type of error to occur.

One is explained above, other reason could be, some junk value in the XML, value missing for a particular field, import map error: map all the fields again, and select save updates.

Major reason would be to check for junk values in the XML.

Regards,

Abhishek