cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cross-plant material status in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Till now I haven't found a functionality in APO like the cross-plant material status in ECC. I know we have a Product Interchangeability module in APO, but it looks way too complicated for this purpose. Could someone share with me the concept of controlling material status across ECC and APO?

Thanks,

Ádám

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam

Please see OSS note 331664 if it helps.

Rishi Menon

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

True:  X- plant material status is not there in APO.

APO works on location-product level mostly, so relevance from APO perspective would be mostly of plant-specific material status, and not X-plant material status. I can make below comments for plant-specific material status:

In DP part, you can customize your design to capture the plant-specific material status in some custom characteristic. You could even do this for X-plant status, but I am not sure if this would be much use to you, since APO would normally be working for location-product level.

In SNP/PPDS/GATP, only possibility I can think of is to use the custom attribute in location-product master (extras tab of /sapapo/mat1), and then you could customize the different planning functons to make use of this custom attribute. Think carefully if you really need this. It could add a lot of customizing in your design. (this point would also be possible for material "global" level meaning without considering the plant, but as I said earlier, APO mostly works on location-product level),

These custom attributes are provided in standard APO, and you just need to activate them and use them. Let me know if you need more info.

Also, if you have any specific requirement in mind, please share the same to get more specific answer.

@Dev, please read some documentation on SDP relevance. This is a critical field and should not be tempered with. Seems you are not clear on the usage.

Thanks - Pawan

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

There is field in APO you can make use just like X-plant status. But it is specific to APO.

The field is "SDP relevance" in APO product master ->properties in "Others"

Hope this helps. Let me know your feedback.

Thanks

Dev

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

First of all, you are correct. There is no similar functionality in APO as X-Plant Material Status of ECC. However, product interchangeability is totally a different concept and not to be compared with this flag.

There are few workarounds to address this functionality in APO.

• Based on the APO application, manage it manually. For instance, in DP and SNP, you can maintain to selection profile to exclude the product
  • Enhance your integration model definition in ECC (t.code CFM1), to include a filter based on this field so that the product will not be considered by CIF

It will be helpful to understand your context better If you give more details like where exactly you want to use this feature.

Thanks,
Rajesh