Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO File Processing.

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem. The files received has a file mask of "Scenario"_"DocumentType"_"SiteNumber"_dd-mm-ccyy_"BatchSequenceNumber".xml.

These files arrive from an external company source as a push. The "BatchSequenceNumber" is how the files should be processed, starting at the lowest number first to achieve EOIO processing, "Scenario",DocumentType" and "SiteNumber" are constants that is known beforehand. The date in the file name is the processing date of the file at the remote site. "BatchSequenceNumbers" could be skipped from source, but is always increasing.

What I have found is the files are not arriving in date and time sequence in relation to the "BatchSequenceNumber". So by date processing would not work to achieve EOIO processing. To use the filename is also problematic as if the external source where not able to push files, they might be accumulating a few days data files. Then when the files arrive the "Date" in the file name is used for EOIO processing. This would be problematic as 31-01-2012 is before 01-02-2012, but the file adapter would be collecting the 01-02-2012 file first.

This leaves me with the question is there a way to collect file with a sender file channel by using only part of the file name.

Your assistance in this regard would be greatly valued.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One solution would be to have a script rename the files with a proper file name scheme and then use the standard options you have already mentioned to process them further.

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

Yes I have considered it. I was hoping that there might be another way through some advance feature that I am just not aware of. I know that one create filenames from the content on the receiver file adapter this way.

Also using a rename script before file processing you lose transparency of the interface in the PI config, as the script would have to be run externally to the integration scenario setup in PI DIR.