cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partners profile - outbound parameters - package size ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario: IDOC(R/3)-XI-File.

R/3 settings: WE20 - While filling out outbound parameters in partners set up i am getting error "<b>please enter a value for package size</b>" highlighting <b>Receiver port</b> in red. My receiver port is tRFC type whose RFC destination would be XI server.

I have created logical systems(SALE) for sender(R/3) and receiver(XI) as well assigned them to clients.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was facing the same problem but after completing all the mandatory fields, I pressed enter a few times (while the error message was popping up) and then the package size field "magically" appeared on the screen. I hope this helps, I couldn't find any other method to make it appear.

Melita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Diana! was very helpful! Multumesc!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. Even per documentation/screen shots in "Beginners guide to SAP XI settings part1". But, I do not see any place/field for Package size on my screen(WE20 - Outbound options).

Basically, I am editing the existing partner profile set up to point to my tRFC. Currently, receiver port is pointing to some "File" type.

Well, I tried to create new partner profile. but I do not know <b>valid values for "partner no"</b> field. Is there any transaction where I can find valid partner numbers ?

I am stuck here for couple of days. Any further help is appreciated.

FYI, R/3 system is ECC 5.0 version.

Thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mallik,

This setting of package size is not a mandatory setting.

Change the TRFC port and then save the changes and you will find that the package size entry comes directly by default after you save the changes.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

This is what exactly I did and I ended up getting this error message. I did some research on how to generate partner profiles on sdn.

"transaction SALE), choose Modeling and Implementing Business Processes ®Maintain Distribution Model and Distribution Views (transaction BD64)."

So,I have created a model view called "EC4_TO_PI1".

Then I chose Environment----> Generate Partner profiles. Now, I have to select two model views. (From & To). From Model View I have selected the above model view " EC4_TO_PI1". I am not sure about TO field.

Can you please guide me to helpful documentation ? I am not even sure what is distribution model is. Thank you for your help.

By the by, I have already created logical systems for sender(R/3) and receiver(XI). fyi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

~~~<i> I have already created logical systems for sender(R/3) and receiver(XI).</i>

Have u created Logical system for XI in R/3 using transaction BD54?

If not, pls create one and u will get this logical sys as Partner number in we20 under category "Logical System"

Regards,

Uma

0 Kudos

In the Partner Profiles : Outbound parameters screen

Under the Outbound options tab

Set output mode to Transfer Idoc Immed.

Save

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the Package Size as 1.

This means Idoc will be sent one at a time.

Regards

Bhavesh