cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service for Resource Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find a Web Service that allows me to setup a resource with a specific shop order.

Am I just missing the obvious or is there no such web service?

Br,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a Resource web service.  Does it lack functionality you need?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Yes. I can not find a way to do Resource Setup with the Resource Web Service.

Do you know if it should be possible?

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Per the WS guide, this is not a feature of base ResourceService.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

If it is not possible to do this with Resource Web Service, is there any other web service available?

I want to transfer a shop order and then setup the resource with the shop order and start SFC's on the resource. I have not worked out a way to automatically release a shop order with SFC's created in another system.

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Johan,

So far I have not heard about WS for Resource Setup.

As concerns automatical release of shop order, in ProductionOrderServiceService WS of 5.2 there is Release tag which I used with "all" value to release all SFCs:

<me:ShopOrderReleaseInfo>

<me:Release>all</me:Release>

</me:ShopOrderReleaseInfo>

</me:ProductionOrder>

</me:ProductionOrderUpdateRequest_sync>

I guess the same should be in 6.0, for ErpProductionOrderProcessingIn or ProductionOrderProcessingIn.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I have logged a ticket for this since the ERPProductionOrderService works with the automatic release, but not the ProductionOrderService.

Br,

Johan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

there is no such webservice in the current release. We write our own service exactly for the process you described. Are you working with SAP ME SDK ?

Regards

Christof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

Yes, I have the SDK available and have actually thought of writing a web-service. Was it a tricky web-service to write or was it just basic API calls?

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Johan,

to which company do you belong? It was quit tricky to finish it, because of some status changes and a bug in the API, but you should be able to develop it in 1 or 2 days. I could ask my manager, if I'm allowed to send you some code snippets for especially this webservice. It would be a nice start for your developing experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

I work for a company named Enics and we had the SDK training in December 2011. So far we have just started developing collaboration and print-plugins, but plan on doing web-services when we have a gap somewhere in the functionality and this resource setup thing is one are we found.

If you have the possibility to send code snippets that would be really great and much appreciated. The tasks done during SDK training was not that tough and it would be interesting to see how other people have solved an actual problem

Best Regards,

Johan