Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing IDoc created using BDFG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an Idoc created using the BDFG transaction ,which needs to be enhanced with a new field.

I am new to BDFG and hence would like to know the steps to be followed for the above.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Diptee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure to  Generate a custom message from Ale Interfaces :

-> Start Transaction BDFG

• Enter Function Module as CRMXIF_PARTNER_REL_SAVE and press Enter. The corresponding Business Object and relevant Message Types are displayed

• From the menu choose Interface  Create

• Enter the parameters as shown below for Outbound Processing. Leave the Inbound Processing parameters unpopulated

-> Press the Continue button to proceed

• Once the Interface is generated, choose the menu option Interface  Check to see if all components have been created and activated successfully

• Go to Transaction WE30, enter IDoc Type ZCRMXIF_BUPAREL_EXT01 and choose the menu option Development Object  Check. All the non-released segments are highlighted in the check

• Set the Release for all the non-released Segment Types through Transaction WE31.

Structure for Custom Fields in the interface Procedure:

-> Create a Structure ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE    CRM to Centrix Interface Structure as follows: -

->Set the Enhancement Category to Can be enhanced (Character Type)

Table Type to hold multiple records of the Structure

Create a new Table Type ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE_T    Table Type for CRM to Centrix Interface Structure with line type as ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE structure

Append Structure for:-

Create a new Append Structure ZDB1_CENTRIX_APPEND    Centrix Interface Data Structure for the

-> Set the Enhancement Category to Can be enhanced (Deep)

Structure BURS_EI_RELATION_DATA is the data type for the component CENTRAL_DATA of the CRM Relationship complex structure CRMXIF_PARTNER_REL_COMPLEX

It is under this level that we are attaching the append structure with the custom fields

These fields will be reflected in the Hierarchical structure of IDoc Type as we will create a custom

message type from this extended Complex Structure

7 REPLIES 7

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

Not exactly sure.. but in th BDFG, it gives the ALE interfaces.

For your requirement, there is already one existing Interface and a Business Object must be assigned with it. I think, you need to take this business object and enhance it the we enhance and delegate the Business object using SWO1 transaction.

Please let me know if it's of any use..

0 Kudos

HI Harshad,

Do you mean SWO1 will allow me to enhance the exsiting idoc?

Regards,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Procedure to  Generate a custom message from Ale Interfaces :

-> Start Transaction BDFG

• Enter Function Module as CRMXIF_PARTNER_REL_SAVE and press Enter. The corresponding Business Object and relevant Message Types are displayed

• From the menu choose Interface  Create

• Enter the parameters as shown below for Outbound Processing. Leave the Inbound Processing parameters unpopulated

-> Press the Continue button to proceed

• Once the Interface is generated, choose the menu option Interface  Check to see if all components have been created and activated successfully

• Go to Transaction WE30, enter IDoc Type ZCRMXIF_BUPAREL_EXT01 and choose the menu option Development Object  Check. All the non-released segments are highlighted in the check

• Set the Release for all the non-released Segment Types through Transaction WE31.

Structure for Custom Fields in the interface Procedure:

-> Create a Structure ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE    CRM to Centrix Interface Structure as follows: -

->Set the Enhancement Category to Can be enhanced (Character Type)

Table Type to hold multiple records of the Structure

Create a new Table Type ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE_T    Table Type for CRM to Centrix Interface Structure with line type as ZDB1_CENTRIX_INTERFACE structure

Append Structure for:-

Create a new Append Structure ZDB1_CENTRIX_APPEND    Centrix Interface Data Structure for the

-> Set the Enhancement Category to Can be enhanced (Deep)

Structure BURS_EI_RELATION_DATA is the data type for the component CENTRAL_DATA of the CRM Relationship complex structure CRMXIF_PARTNER_REL_COMPLEX

It is under this level that we are attaching the append structure with the custom fields

These fields will be reflected in the Hierarchical structure of IDoc Type as we will create a custom

message type from this extended Complex Structure

0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

As per my understanding, as i need to add a new segment to the existing idoc structure I would need to use the instructions under the head 'Append Structure for:-'. Please confirm if this is correct.

Also please confirm if i may use SE11 to create the Append structure.

Additionally, will I still be able to use the existing inbound FM meant for processing the idoc (with the addition of code to handle the new fields).

It would be great if you could also tell me how should I proceed with the code changes to the inbound FM.

Regards,

Diptee

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Awaiting your inputs!!

Regards,

Diptee

0 Kudos

Hi Diptee,

Use SE11 to create the Append structure.And add the custom code to the existing inbound

FM to process the I doc's.This is correct Procedure.Diptee u can follow this.

former_member709838
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Members,

I have a requirement to enhance the BATMAS03 IDOC type in SAP, but of course via WE31 its not getting possible.

Can you help me with the steps to enhance it using BDFG/BDBG transaction?

I need to enhance BATMAS03 with a field EAN11/UPC Code.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arushi