cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Here, we have department wise projects. For example, Marketing projects & Development projects. I configured two project types & two project profiles. we are using ACL and users from marketing dept/ development projects can not access development projects/ marketing dept and hence can not trigger PR's from project. This is working fine.

Requirement: Users from Marketing dept., should not be able to create PR's (ME51N) for Development projects and Vice versa.

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I assume that your marketing and development projects purchasing teams are separate ( i.e., marketing and development). I see two possible solutions to your issue.

One: Use validation to restrict. Probably you can make use of project profile

Two: Through roles and authorizations. You must be using Proj. Type field. You can use objects related to this field in the Roles and authorizations to restrict the account assignment of the WBS element from ME51N.

You can assign following objects to the person who is going to create PR from ME51N & control the PR creation as per your needs.

C_PRPS_ART    PS: Project type authorization for WBS elements

You may also see, C_PRPS_VNR    PS: Project Manager Authorization for WBS elements. How ever I do not think it would be required, if you are using the above mentioned object.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thank you for your reply. Purchasing team is same for both the projects. Here, requirement is that users from Marketing dept./Development dept., (not purchasing team) should not be given authorization to create PR's (ME51N) for Development dept/Marketing dept.

Suppose Marketing team user creating PR (project type MP & coding is M-12-XXX-000) and if he selects development dept WBSE (project type DP & coding is D-12-XXX-000)- he should not be allowed. Is it possible?

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thank you for your reply. Purchasing team is same for both the projects. Here, requirement is that users from Marketing dept./Development dept., (not purchasing team) should not be given authorization to create PR's (ME51N) for Development dept/Marketing dept.

Suppose Marketing team user creating PR (project type MP & coding is M-12-XXX-000) and if he selects development dept WBSE (project type DP & coding is D-12-XXX-000)- he should not be allowed. Is it possible?

Murthy,

It's possible. Refer my previous reply. I have mentioned authorization object for project type. In your case project type for Marketing team is MP & Development project is DP.

Discuss following with your Basis/ Securities consultant.

You need to authorization object C_PRPS_ART and pass the value - MP to it. Now Add this role to the users of Marketing team.

Similarly, pass the value - DP to C_PRPS_ART and add this role to the Development Project team.

Once this is done, DP users can create PR only with WBS elements which have project type DP And MP users can create PR only with WBS elements which have project type MP.

I hope this is clear to you now.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (0)