Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget release control before MRP Run

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to have a check before MRP Run for Budget Release. Is there any standard setting available, or should it be through user status only. Pl confirm.

If its through user status settings, please guide through the process.

Thanks.

AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

User status you can use to ensure that no commitment is created on the project until project is budgeted. Availability control, you can decide, whether you want to activate immediately after budgeting or budget release.

Thanks,

Amaresh Makal

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer following threads for setting up user status to check commitment creation on project  before project release:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1561630

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1623241

http://scn.sap.com/thread/959013

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Thanks for your swift reply.User Status could help to solve the issue. Can you help me in setting the user status so that project release is not possible unless budget is released. Thanks.

Regards,

AM

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murthy,

You can set it up in OK02. Set up user status - ZBUDG. Assign this status profile to project profile.

In object types, you can chose WBS element, Network header, Network activity.

You can have two statuses: Init (Initial), BUDR (Budget Release)

In in Init: Forbid all business transaction except Budget release.

In BUDR: Allow the business transactions you want to allow

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for support.

I have created user status as mentioned above and assigned this user status profile to Proj Defn and WBS in project profile, so that Project release is not possible in CJ20N.

All works fine till budgt release.

The problem is now I am not able to release the project in builder. The status is not changing to BUDR. After Manual change of status also, the same is the case, but i have allowed all transactions for BUDR status. The error message is "User status INIT is active". Help to sort this out.

Thanks.

AM

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you won't be able to set the status BUDR automatically once you release the budget.

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fortain, That's correct. after manual change of status also, I am not able to release the project.

Can anyone help on this point. Thanks

Rgds,

AM

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are assigning manually the status BUDR and you can't release the project?

You might have already done it but you could check if all the WBS Elements you are trying to release have the status BUDR. And check you did not forbid the release business transaction in the BUDR status.

Regards

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support Amaresh. Able to gt the release control of Budget.

Closing the thread.

Rgds,

AM

Answers (0)