Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on ROC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I am a rookie in GATP, there are some questions on ROC,

1. As I know, during ROC, system uses the process category and activity to identify which ODL should donor the confirmed quantities. Which process category should be choose if activity has more than 1 process category?

2. I created a sales order for material A (60 qty)with check instruction 'ZA1' (1st product allocation check, 2nd product available check, active the RBA and star immediately)

Processes during availability check:

1) trigger the RBA first and found the rule C(use B as substitution product and active the ROC)

2) Product A and B fault with product allocation check and product available check.

3) trigger the ROC for the request.

Questions:

1. During the ROC, I found the system carry out a new check instruction 'ZA2' which was not the original one 'ZA1', would you please help to explain?

2. ROC found that there is item in ODL and can donate the confirmed quantities, but the check instruction of donor item was 'ZA4'(only perform the product allocation check), but why the system still can confirm the request, even if the check instruction in donor item 'ZA4' is different with the ROC 'ZA2' and original one 'ZA1'?

Deep Chen,

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep

1. Please check which process category has been configured for ROC in the step Process Category -> Events for Process Category. It would select that process category

2. ROC runs a miniBOP in the background with all the donors and receivers - hence please check the BOP variant that has been configured. It would execute the checks based on BOP variant configuration. You may also have a custom logic for determination of Check Mode/Check Instruction - please check with your colleagues.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Sincere thanks for your reply!

1. For question one, I assumed that the Activity has more than one Process Category and each Process Category has different order due list, I would like to know which order due list should be choose during the ROC.

2. As I know, during the BOP, the system can identify the confirmed quantities whether can be assigned to the other requests(e.g. the confirmed quantities with product allocation check cannot be assigned to the requests only with product availability check). but in my scenario of ROC above, the request with product availability check and product allocation check can get the confirmed quantity from donor item which only with product allocation check.

Deep,

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep

As shown in my earlier screenshot, Process Category and ODL will be determined based on the ones which are configured for Event ROC.

Where are you finding these Check Instructions - are they from BOP Result?

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

For the Check Instruction in BOP, I checked from BOP Result. For the ROC, I checked from /SAPAPO/ODL. if you don't mind, I have one more question, how does the system identify the confirmed quantities are belong to which checking methods during BOP. by Check Instruction? or by Basic Method Combination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep,

I am not sure I understand your question

...how does the system identify the confirmed quantities are belong to which checking methods during BOP. by Check Instruction? or by Basic Method Combination?

BOP in general uses the same method to confirm the qty as you would use during interactive ATP.  BOP does offer a few options to fine tune, in the Parameters Process screen

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep

As expert DB49 has mentioned, BOP Parameter process Tab normally have the same check methods as that has been configured in Check Instruction during online ATP Check. I am not sure about your business process, but normally confirmation moves from low priority Sales Order to high priority Sales Order in ROC for the same product/location - so check methods would be same.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Sincere thanks for your reply!

As I know, the check boxes of Basic Method from your screenshot are related to determine whether release the confirmed quantities from the donor transactions. And the customizing check boxes are used to determine the Check instructions are fetched from livecache or from master data.

For example, Order 1001 and 1002 below are fully confirmed and included in donor ODL ZODL

total ATP quantity: 100, total allocation quantity: 100

Order 1001

product A:, request quantity: 100, confirmed quantity 100, Check Instruction: Z1(Product Availability Check only), priority high

Order 1002

product A:, request quantities: 100, confirmed quantity 100, Check Instruction: Z2(Product Allocation Check only), priority low

When the Order 1003 comes, since the shortage of product availability, order cannot be confirmed finally and trigger the ROC to re-allocate the confirmed quantity from order due list ZODL

Order 1003

product A:, request quantity: 100, confirmed quantity 100, Check Instruction: Z1(Product Availability Check only and with RBA)

base on this situation, the confirmed quantity from order 1001 can be donated and order 1002 cannot be, even if the priority of 1001 is high.

My question is that, based on this situation, how does system identity the released confirmed quantities whether can be allocated to  the incoming order? by comparing the Check Instructions between donor order and incoming order, or by the combination of Basic Methods between donor order and incoming order?  Please feel free to correct me if any wrongs

Deep,

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deep,

???  I don't really understand your question. 

BOP selects items to be processed.  BOP Sorts the items. BOP then performs ATP on each of the items on the sorted list, until the list is exhausted. Finally, BOP saves the result.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert DB49,

Appreciation for your help!

I think I had wrong understanding on the mechanism of BOP previously, thanks for your clarification!

Best Regards,

Deep Chen,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasun,

Thanks for your reply!

As you mentioned, during ROC, system only considers the same product/location from order due list. The low priority order still can donate the confirmations to high priority, even if they use different combinations of check methods(Check Instruction), right?

Answers (0)