cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN Kernel Upgrade Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading SAP SOLMAN 7.0 to EHp1 and to proceed with that we brought SOLMAN to SP17 on JAVA and ABAP stack.

Now we are following SAP note 1169247 and we upgraded kernel to 7.01 patch 150. But when we are trying to start SAP again disp+work is getting stopped with the message in the log file

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** ERROR => DpSysAdmExtCreate: ShmCreate (CREATE) [dpxxtool2.c  608]

*** ERROR => dispatcher already running ???? [dpxxtool2.c  609]

*** ERROR => I better EXIT before I do any (more) damage [dpxxtool2.c  611]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and also we have found that even after stopping SAP j2ee stack is running.

Please let us know on how to proceed.

Best Regards,

Rableen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Please try to stop J2ee from JCMON from command level.. if it is not stopping... try to kill the services from task manager...Jlaunch/Jcontrol...

You mite have taken backup of old kernel.. So stop all the SAP related services from services.msc..then replace the old kernel backup..

Then try to start SAP.. if it is not giving any issues.then completely stop the system and do a kernel upgrade.. and try to start it again.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Even I faced this kind of issue...

As Jagdish correctly said restarting SAP Services will take care of your DpSysAdmExtCreate: ShmCreate error.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried killing the Jlaunch and Jcontrol replaced the old kernel and started SAP related services and stopped all services and upgraded the kernel to new but now we see that disp+work.exe has stopped and all other services are running.

Logs says the same error which I have shared in my earlier post.

Waiting for a reply.

Best Regards,

Rableen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Can you please paste dev_disp logs in work directory. Moreover can you please paste the output of disp+work -V in the old kernel and new kernel?

Thanks,

Jagadish.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you could be missing the runtime DLLs

Read,

Note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All of them........Problem Resolved.......By restarting from OS level...

Answers (0)