cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic screen field layout - ABAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am rather quite new to ABAP webdynpro - one of my requirements is that based on a Custom table (so to say a custom built customizing table) I need to display fields - the Customizing table could say that for region America - we need the following fields to be supressed, the same set of fields for Japan could be Mandatory, and for Latin America could just be display only.

Is there anyway this could be acheived in Webdynpro (ABAP) - I presume that the supressed fields for America region will not be displayed but instead the common fields for America and Japan would be out of sync as far as screen layout is concerned. An ideas or guidance on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayan,

Every UI element has an enabled, visiblity, readonly property, which can be binded to an attribute and then controlled accordingly.

In your case eg America, bind the visibity property of your UI element with the context node,say ISVISIBLE. Please see that the node should not have any DDIC type given to it.

please check this link for further information: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/collaboration

Hope this link helps.

Cheers!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can loop on your table which gathers all the fields in it, add an attribute to your

table stating the required or not parameter and adding it to the 'state' parameter in

the new_inputfield method.

In the Wiki I added a page for dynamic UIelement creation based on DDIC properties

(wiki is down, so i don't have a link to it)

or you can visit these logs by Thomas Szues:

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2005/12/28/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--introduction-and-part-i-understanding-ui-elements:///people/thomas.szcs/blog/2005/12/28/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--introduction-and-part-i-understanding-ui-elements

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/01/03/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--part-ii-handling-viewelements:///people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/01/03/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--part-ii-handling-viewelements

grtz

Koen