cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset JSPM after aborted support stack

troy_sorbet
Participant
0 Kudos

I used MOPZ to generate a support stack for my Solution Manager 7.1 system. The support stack would take me to spr4.  The number of errors generated caused us to restore the database back to before the support stack was applied. The problem is that when I run JPSM to re-apply the java support stacks I get an error stating that the support stack has already been applied. The JPSM cleary identifies the original and target versions but will not reset. Is there a way in solution manager to set the java stack back. I used MOPZ to regenerate the stack and withdrew the original maintenance transaction. I had hoped that would have the affect of reseting the JPSM it does not. Anyone have any ideals on this, sorry if this is the wrong forum but I couldn't really find anything specific to JPSM. 

Thanks

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way is to have CI export (Through SAPINST)  before starting any activity on the Dual Stack system.

You can always rely on that in case you need restoring dual stack.

I think michal is right, if you have backup of j2ee directory , restore it.

If not may be try to sync the DB and SDM

To synchronize the database and the SDM repository:

1.      Go to the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/SDM/program directory.

2.      Run the StopServer script file.

3.      In the command line, execute the following commands:

○       On a Microsoft Windows system:

sdm jstartup “mode=standalone”

sdm systemcomponentstate “mode=activate”

sdm jstartup “mode=integrated”

○       On a UNIX system:

./sdm.sh jstartup “mode=standalone”

./sdm.sh systemcomponentstate “mode=activate”

./sdm.sh jstartup “mode=integrated”

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you restore the database on a Java system, you always have to restore the filesystem as well (/usr/sap/SID/JC00/j2ee). This has to be done especially in a case where patches where applied.

Cheers Michael