cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Management using Solution Manager for a Convergence landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SOLMAN experts,

I am working on a proposal related convergence of developmemt boxes as described below. I am not a Solution manager expert, so I needed inputs related to release management for the below clarifications.

As-IS

4 Development Boxes – 4 Quality Boxes – 4 Production Boxes. ( 4 Landscapes )

The customer has 4 landscapes, each having a separate development, quality and production environment. The customer now wants to reduce cost on development effort, so is looking to converge the development boxes. Below is the TO-BE

To-BE

1 Development Box – 4 Quality Boxes – 4 Production Boxes

But To-BE can be approached in below two different ways

To-BE landscape ( Case 1 )

1 Development Box with 1 client  –> 4 Quality Boxes –> 4 Production Boxes

Clarification Needed for case 1:

Can we move transports using SOLMAN ( CHARM ) to selected quality and production boxes?

To-BE ( Case 2 )

1 Development box with 4 different Clients ( 1 client for 1 quality/production box )  –> 4 Quality Boxes – 4 Production Boxes

Clarification Needed case 2:

Can we model transport path using solution manager at client level. I.e., moving the transports from selected client in development box to a selected box and a client in quality/production box?

Thanks and Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

We can implement charm for each of the above scenarios without any issues. Just we need to take care of the transport routes properly and charm will pick up the transport routes as per your domain controllers.

Please go through the below documentations which will clarify most of your questions.

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-man...

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu...

Thanks,

Jagadish.