cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Approval and Form Data Persistence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have developed a JAVA WD application with Interactive Form. The Form Data is pre-populated using Adaptive RFC in WD application. After submitting the form, SAP Workflow is triggered for approvals.

When each approver opens the work item, they will see a Java WD with Inetractive Form. How can the pre-populated form data can be persisted throughout the entire approval process so that each approver can see the data submitted by initiator and not having to call the SAP RFC for each approver rendering the Java WD with Interactive Form?

Any inputs?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Well, You can create a WD Application that calls the CREATE VIEW which captures the required data from the user into the WD Context. Once the data is in containers, trigger the workflow sending this data into WF Containers. During approvals, this data is being picked up from WF Containers based on the Workitem number and after completion of all approvals, this data is updated in BACKEND. But you require to call SAP RFC everytime to get data from WF Contianers to WD Application. So there is no way you can avoid these Adoptive RFC's.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you for the response. Yes that is one of the options evalauated for data persistence.

I would like to know what is the best practice suggested regarding the data persistence. SAP has standard ISR scenarios deleivered, how is the form data captured at each approval level, is it persisted against each notification object and read from there OR is it read from backend SAP Application table (for example, HR tables) for each approval step?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Well, here is the ISR Architecture.

ISR based applications store data in the XML file against each Notification, you can check the standard Function module ISR_NOTIFICATION_CREATE(Check SAVE_XML sub routine in detail). So,whenever the ISR Request is submitted, a Notification is created along with the XML Document which has all the form data. During Approvals, the data is retrieved from XML based on the notification number using the ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET function module. Here, the approver will change the form data/enter new fields, which again requires persistence. For so, ISR's use ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_SET function module and store the new data along with the changed data.

BTW,Why dont you do custom ISR Development if your requirement is so close, atleast your PERSISTENCE problem will be closed.

Let us know your requirement more clearly, based on that, we can devise a best development strategy.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

- Anjali