cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Solman for testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to using Solman as a test tool in a SAP project, I think I have understood the basics but some questions are unanswered. Hopefully you can help me with the following questions:

• How to differentiate test cycles within a test phase?
  • How to differentiate tests with real roles and authorizations from the ones with a "broad user"
  • What is the purpose of the test package besides assigning a test user to a test case?

Best regards / Gustav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav,

1) When you generate the Test plans , You can differentiate with the names, saying for example Unit testing starting with UT* and Integration testing IT* . that is one way. Moreover there is an option to create Test sets. May be you can also use that.

2) I did not understand the question.

3) Test package is the number of tests you are assigning to a particular tester. Moreover You can also create the sequence for the testing and activate automatic workflow so that it will send the emails,

Please go thru the online simulations of Test management in http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman where you will get more understanding.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thank you for the swift reply.

Let me elaborate a bit on my first question. What I mean with test cycles is not different test phases, unit test, integration test and so on. What I mean how do you differentiate different cycles/waves within a test phase?

Let me give you an example:

We have process A which includes test case 1,2,3,4 and I would like to test this process twice in the same test phase but in different test cycles/waves. The important things is that the test results are separated.

Would you create separate test plans for these test cycles/waves?

Thanks

Gustav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. You can create individual test plans for each cycles.Just if you have different test cases to be tested in different test cycles, then you need to attach the new test cases to the config -> Test case tab so that you can link them to the test plans.

THanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav,

In solution manager we can bundle all the changes and test cases in the terms of Project and maintenance cycle created for the project.

For your query like differentiating test cases for different test cycle means in solution manger term it is differentiating test cases involved in different project.

This perfectly done in solution manager, you can assign the single test cases to as many projects and execute and test at the same time, it is differentiated at the project level and logical component level.

just google with End to End Test Management In SAP, you will be getting document by Rajiv Sha, and latest 7.1 test management overview guide too

Check with Integrated Testing Solution Using SAP Solution Manager, HP-QC/QTP and SAP TAO

By Naushad Khambhawala also in google.

Those doc really help to understand about tet management in solution manager.

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (0)