cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how I can take a copy of the SAP rule set that comes with GRC   

thanks

MW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark: 

As an alternative, you could download the "SAP GRC ACCESS CONTROL 5.3 TXT" package and use sapcar to unpack the file.  You will then be able to get the same files, in the same format as the download that Ajesh sugested.  These files will be in the VIRCC folder, then under CC_Rules folder.

If you have not modified your ruleset in AC10, then either way will work.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Thank you for your help. As you say either one works

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I really wanted a copy of the Rule Set as you see it in RAR > CONFIG > LOGICAL SYSTEMS

So can this be done??

Regards

MW

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark:  So are you wanting a copy of the fully generated rules?? and not just the upload files?  Then you can do that by running the report Access Rule Detail.  You can find this in either the Reports and Analytics or Setup or Rule Setup Work Centers.  Once you have this report generated, you will be able to download this.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

Yes thats it.

Thanks for that but can you specify where exactly can I get this report as I am not sure.

Thanks

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I couldnt find any direct way to download the report. One way to get is to copy the whole report from browser and paste it in an excel, should not take much time. Another way is to make the report from the Rule Export.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Could you tell me how I would find

VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES

and how do I get to it i.e. is it through SE38??

Regards

MW

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mark,

is the topic about downloading the rules done now?

RE_DNLDROLES is a different question, right?

It would be easier to handle thise in different discussions, if you're ok I can move that.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

No I am still not sure as to how to get to download the rule as seen in RAR > CONFIG > LOGICAL SYSTEMS

And yes the RE_DNLDROLES is a different question, sorry about that I am new to this game so was not sure if I could put a different question in the same place

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

To download the rules in the same format you can follow the procedure I have suggested.

This particular transaction code is not for RAR, which is executed in the connected backend system. Its for ERM and not related to RAR.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I followed your reasoning to download the rules as in RAR > CONFIG > LOGICAL SYSTEMS but it did not give me what I wanted.

As for the other question I understand what you are saying but I really wanted to know what the results would be when I ran it, so this question is still not answered for me.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

T-Code (VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES) is to download ROLES (Not Rules of RAR) and upload into ERM. After which roles will be maintained through ERM.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Yes I understand that, and I realise that I should have asked that question somewhere else, but at least I know now what VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES is for so thanks for that.

I am still unsure how to get a copy of the rules in RAR > CONFIG > LOGICAL SYSTEMS

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was able to get a copy by selecting, copying and pasting the same in the excel. Try CTRL+A on the result page and paste it in Excel. Modify the excel worksheet to get in desired format.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Thanks it worked. I have them now

Regards

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Check this thread on how to export rules.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1722169

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1652133

As you have just uploaded the SAP ruleset, downloaded will be sap delivered.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Thank you for the last few days. Everything is working fine now

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You can also open the file in an excel, make mass changes, save it and upload the files to reflect all changes.

Regards,

Ajesh.