cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see public root folder in SAP eDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to create a folder structure under the Public root folder which the which large number should be able to access using SAP eDMS but for some reason when we log into eDMs i am not able to see the public root folder (EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER,FOL,000,00)

According to my understanding EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER,FOL, folder is a public folder and and all the user who login to eDMS should have access to it or see document folder inside this folder . Is this correct . If yes what could be the reason that i am not able to see.

Am I missing any setting.

Request you help.

Regards

Soumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumit,

have you tested the behavior with function module EASYDMS_SHOWROOTFOLDERS in the backend transaction SE37. This function module should return all so called root folders where the 'Public Folder' is included.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you inputs.

I checked the function module EASYDMS_SHOWROOTFOLDERS and it is retuning the the editpublicrootfolder but for some reason it doesnt get displayed in the eDMS.

When the user log into the eDMS for the first time it only ask for the private root folder to be created not for the Public root folder.

have we missed some authorization.

regards

Soumit.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumit,

generally the public folder will be created by the system. So there is only a question for the creation of the private folder for each user.

If EASYDMS_SHOWROOTFOLDERS does return the public folder and only in EasyDMS it is missing, maybe there is an authorization issue. To check this section please use the authorization trace in transaction ST01. Here you can trace all the checked authorization objects and see if some check fails here.

For further information please see the following link too:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Authorization+Trace+in+transaction+ST01

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)