Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of HU Identification in SAP EWM

manojkumar_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client wants to track the pallets at their warehouse using an external barcode pasted on each pallets. We have provided the option of using HU Identification field in the Details 2 tab of HU created.

However, if the number is to be changed after GR/Putaway can the user still delete and change it?

I've tried doing the same and get the following error:

HU  is not a planned HU. You cannot make changes

Message no. /SCWM/UI_PACKING065

Diagnosis

You are currently in a transaction is which you can only change pla

HUs. The HU you want to change is not a planned HU.

System Response

The change is not permitted.

Procedure

Switch to a transaction where you can change the HU.

Is there any option to change the HU Identification after GR/ Putaway of the HU?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am afraid that the only solution that I can think of is repacking the HU in a new HU with an external HU id. This is if they definetly do not want to define the correct HU before the GR. Or you can recieve the products in BULK packages (example pallets) and then after GR you can automatically pack the products (according to the pack spec) in the Pack Work Center and so you can solve their problem and save the HU number range .

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

manojkumar_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Claudiu,

Appreciate your prompt response. However, the client would not repack the HU for which putaway has already been completed. Wanted to know if the HU identification can be changed post putaway. Is there any config to be changed/set?

Thanks,

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manojkumar,

I sincerely do not think that you can change the HUID without repacking. I've looked through the configurations involved but have not found anything of the kind.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim