cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Services disabled and applications failed to start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our Netweaver 7.3 pi abap+java system is running fine except few of the services got disabled.

These services were running last monday but today I saw 5 applications failed to start and it is because of 9 disabled services.

I am giving screenshot of these services and application. Please let me know how can i enable again the services

Disabled services:

Failed Applications:

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sudip,

Hope you are doing good.

Please try to restart the applications this way:

1. start the telnet admin tool

telnet <hostname> 5<instnum>08

2. logon using the J2EE Admnistrator user

3. lsc (to list the available servernodes)

4. jump <servernode> (usually jump 0)

5. add deploy

6. start_app -all

Wait for sometime and check if the services are up and running now.

If you wish to change startup mode:

Open Offline Configuration Editor: /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/j2ee/configtool/offlinecfgeditor[.bat .sh]

(this assumes a running database). Open the node Configurations -> deploy -> <hierarchicalApplicationName> change "StartUp" from 2 (lazy) to 3 (always) for all the application
you deem fit.

Please refer to following SAP Documentation link for more help. Although it is for 700 servers, it will help you understand the logic.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/94/0a5b422f786255e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to have a look at the logs/traces which are written when the services start up. Or else you could manually try to startup the services and check the log files for errors. In some cases, the service would fail to start as some other dependent services are stopped. You would have to check why the dependent services are failing to start. Please check the Logs sections in NW Administrator or on the OS level ..\usr\sap\JXX\j2ee\cluster\server0\logs, check application log and default trace files.

Regards,

Srikishan