Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link SAP sourcing to document management system

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Contract are normally stored in SAP sourcing server in standard CLM implementation. In some CLM implementation, contract are stored in document management system such as Mobius, Documentum etc.

Few question related to above :

1. What is the advantages of linking SAP sourcing to document management system ?
2. What are the additional development requried to link SAP sourcing with document management system ?

3. Does SAP provide any standard interface to link document management system.
4. Can we use Contract Generation(used create contract from RFx, master aggrement etc) component if document management system link to SAP CLM
    system ? If yes, does it limit the functionalites for Contract Generation(used create contract from RFx, master aggrement etc) component ?

5. Is ther any disadvantage if document management system link to SAP sourcing system ?

Thanks and Regds,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jenny

Pls look in to http://scn.sap.com/thread/1233625

this may give you some hint for DMS and CLM integration

Regards

Tushar Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

I’ve seen requirements where the customer would use CLM for contract authoring and management and once the contract is executed, they would store the contract and attachments in the DMS. I’ve also seen scenario where for legacy contracts, the metadata is stored in CLM, but the actual attachments are stored in DMS and a link to DMS is stored on the contract in CLM. There is currently no standard integration available with DMS. Integration with DMS would probably require writing custom code. Irrespective of whether CLM is integrated with DMS, you could still use the Contract Generation functionality.

Hope this helps.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

referring to CLM and DMS integration. Do you know whether such integration is possible?  Would you give me a hint how to start, where in SAP Sourcing custom code should be done?

Regards,

Marcin Bernat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

referring to CLM and DMS integration. Do you know whether such integration is possible?  Would you give me a hint how to start, where in SAP Sourcing custom code should be done?

Regards,

Marcin Bernat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

i have similar requirement to connect FileNet with SAP CLM to store all the attachments.

Can you help me understand if this is possible with custom coding?

i.e to move the attachments from CLM to FileNet and maintain a link in MA or SA.

When user click the link should open the attachments in FIleNet.

Thanks and appreicate your support.