cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamic Data type User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m creating dynamic UI objects and Context elements but now I need to create a inputField with the option to find users. I need to create many objects of this type dynamically. I am lost the only thing that I found was this weblog /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/15/ovs-reloaded but I don’t think this work dynamically. Any ideas?

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Sorry but I have some doubts with your instructions.

1.- UserInfo like ICMIGenericModelClass. The UserInfo implements IUserInfo, what you are suggesting is that UserInfo implements ICMIGenericModelClass. And if that is what you were saying I would lose the user, smartKey and description... do you agree with me?

2.- You already have created node attribute to hold User ID. I need to do it dynamically because some times I will create many inputFields to search users and I don’t know how to get this done if I already created the node attribute to hold User ID.

Some of my questions could be simple because I am a newbie in WD, so any recommendations or orientation would be appreciate.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orlando,

It in fact doen't work for dynamic U out of the box. But if UserInfo would be ICMIGenericModelClass (like SearchUsers query from example) then it would be:

1. You already have created node attribute to hold User ID.

2. Now you have to create sub-node with model class IUserInfo attached to attribute above.

3. Finally, your dynamically created attribute must be bound not to attribute from [1] but to model attribute from sub-noide (createdin [2])

-- i.e. it's necessary to use trick with sub-node described at the end of post.

As alternative, you may change logic of NOTIFICATION_LISTENER.applyResult from example and avoid sub-node trick and UserInfo model nodes altogether.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net