Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01| How to make user group mandatory - the official solution

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Asked / required many times (for instance in http://scn.sap.com/thread/208126 , http://scn.sap.com/thread/2015535 ,etc.) SAP offers, beyond other security related improvements for SU01 regarding S_USER_GRP, the possibility now, to make the user group field on the logon data tab a mandatory field in standard.

Please check SAP note 1663177 for more details.

b.rgds, Bernhard

9 REPLIES 9

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An English version of note would be nice. Anyway, it sounds good.

Cheers

0 Kudos

sorry for that, translation is not finished yet.... I did not check that 

19.04.2012:

english version now available!

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1663177&_NLAN...

Message was edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter

0 Kudos

Note is a good update. Thank you.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking for this solution for a while.

Can someone confirm my interpretation of the note?

New ID's created without a user group will be assigned the default user group. When changing an ID which includes password changes, if no user group exists the change is not saved.

What are the implications if we are currently using GRC 5.3 (upgrading to 10 shortly), SAP 4.6C (upgrading to ECC6 shortly).

Is it possible to make any other fields mandatory on the address tab or logon data tab?

Thank You,

Chris

0 Kudos

Chris Hall wrote:

New ID's created without a user group will be assigned the default user group. When changing an ID which includes password changes, if no user group exists the change is not saved.

-->if you have set the field as 'mandatory'-->correct

Chris Hall wrote:

What are the implications if we are currently using GRC 5.3 (upgrading to 10 shortly), SAP 4.6C (upgrading to ECC6 shortly).

-->maybe you can ask this in the GRC-forum? I am not sure, if GRC uses our user-bapis for every function....

Chris Hall wrote:

Is it possible to make any other fields mandatory on the address tab or logon data tab?

-->not in standard, but with the possibility of transaction variants as described already in other threads.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

"S_USER_GRP is required for the FF role. As per the GRC 5.3 sec giude:

S_USER_GRP ACTVT

Group

02, 03, 05

[FFID’s User Group]"

but... I disagree with the following recommendation in the sec. guide:

"If the FFIDs are not in a unique User Group, we recommend you assign them to a group.

n If it is not possible to change or assign a user group to the Firefighter IDs, then a value of ’*’

can be assigned to CLASS."

Why don't just give CLASS=' ' ??

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bernhard,

Presently, we are on SAP BASIS release 701 with supprt package 07. As per SAP NOTE 166317,

What  i understand, Once we install support pkg: 112, user group field become mandatory option itself.

Please suggest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Can I get reply for my query!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Sumit,

If you meant SP12, the answer is yes. The corrections of the note are included in SAPKB70112.

Cheers,

Diego.