Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have any script to populate default values to Output device ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We got a request from a client to assign some default values to the output device for a list of user (around 2000+).

SU01>Default tab>Spool control>output device ?

We want a default value populated on this output device

I felt a bit strange because generally some standard scripts should be available or SAP which would enable us to assign default values on SU01.

A search does not point me to any particular link which will help me either with a script or ways of doing it in one go rather than editing 2000+ users.

Can anyone advice on this.

Thanks

indu

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

You can use SU10, if there arent many Printers given for the 2000+ users.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh.

Thanks. I already tried for a small list of 5 users on SU10. Clicked on menu user/change / default tab/ added the device name > then checked the box change > output immediately > checked the box change and saved it.

And it was working for these 5 users.

And when i checked in SU01 the out put device was seen for all the 5 users with the check box output immediately.

Actually the list is becoming bigger to 8k for each branch to be updated independently.

I was a bit hesitant to copy paste huge number of users hence wanted to know.

Shall do that if that is the easiest way.

Because these are standard fields. Moreover. Today i will add the listed printers to the listed users of different branches. How about tomorrow. When the employee count might increase or new employees join etc ?

Hence I just wanted to know if there could be a easier few line script for this, which could be used.

Thanks again.

Regards

indu

0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

SU10 is the best way if you can do it. Coming to scripts you have to create your own and run. Its better to avoid running scripts in Prod.

Regards,

Ajesh.