cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make an automatic pop up while creating customers which will ask the country name & according to country system will give numbers for customer ?

shaktiprasad_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement for my client while creating customer masters in XD01 tcode. system should give a pop up asking the country name. Then user have to enter the country in the pop up, According to the country, Numbers for customers will be assigned automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Shaktiprasad Dash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would rather suggest you make screen changes to XD01 selection screen. Have your country field in the selection screen. Make some code to populate it in the general data country to be efficient as well. NUmber range should be external, but have some codes in customer master user exit to set the number range as per each country code.

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shakti,

Here is a suggestion .

It is better to have a seperate Account group for each of the country specific customer.

From the user point of view, he will be able to identify each of the country as the account group in the XD01 screen itself and will be more helpful.

And through account group you can also control you seperate number range for each one of them. Also you can easily get the standard report working for each of the account group.

Thanks

RB

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shakti,

You have two options for this requirement:

1. have External Number Rages for Customer & assign unique Number to Customer manually while creating Customer Master.

2. If above is not practical, then you will have to go for a Enhancement (User-Exit or BADI). Speak to your ABAPer about feseability of thius requirement & he will do the needful.

Alternatively, you can have Country with Accounts Groups for the Customer & assign unique Number Range to each Account Group.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through standard settings, this is not possible.  You can try with Customer Master User Exit SAPMF02D

G. Lakshmipathi