cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadline monitoring for multiple plant,material and batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

My client have recurring inspection and generating inspection lot of 09 manually through QA07 trasaction and AUTO UD of lot active.

Now they want to do this by batch job automatically and also the expired batch should move to block stock automatically.

Please let me know how i can make one variant for multiple material,plant and one material have multiple batch so what would be the input criteria in plant,material and batches(for future batches for receiving material)

and what would be the ideal frequency(eg. hourly,daily or monthly) for running this job.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Moving expired batch to blocked stock automatically is very well possible in std SAP.

Create one variant for multiple materials,plant in QA07.Create background job through SM36 and attach Program RQAAAS10 and newly created variant.

Schedule job on daily basis.

Note:-You have to add newly created batches in variant on time to time basis.

Hope this information helpful

Thanks

Sachiin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.when block the batch ticked then batch  status changed to restricted and in MMBE can see the stock not in unrestricted but it is not showing in blocked stock is this correct or is there anyway i can see material in blocked stock .

2.User need to create automatic lot at next inspection date my doubt is is both possible in the one variate mean auto lot creation at selected interval as per QM view and auto blocking when reached expiration date i am selecting the radio button 'to inspection stock at lot creation'

please advice.

sandeep

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. When you have batch status configured to be used in your system, as you apparently do, than the program changes the batch status to restricted for the expired material and does not move the material to blocked stock.  In MMBE it will show up as restricted stock.  The reason it is done this way is that usually, when a material is expired, you want to prevent selling it everywhere, not just in one plant.  So when you use batch status, this has the affect of restricting the material in all your distribution centers, plants, etc.. (if you are at the material or client batch level).  The other advantage is that restricted stock can usually be shipped on STO's back to the original plant for recycle or destruction but cannot be sold.  Blocked stock has to be moved back to unrestricted to be moved.

2. I usually run QA07 in two passes.  One to create inspection lots and one to restrict/block the expired material.  The reason is that if the inspection date and expiration date are the same, (which for many materials that is common), than if you run it in a single pass, the restriction/blocking is done first.  Since the material then becomes restricted/blocked and is not in UR, no inspection lot is generated.  If you run it in two passes, you can create the inspection lot first.  Theorectically, in a well designed system using QM, you should never find expired batches in restricted/blocked stock.  They should all be processed by inspection lots and either reapproved for use or sent to blocked stock from the inspection lot for destruction. (you can destroy them right in the QI lot if you want.  You can also get around this issue of batches be restricted/blocked first by specifying a different "window" value for the two sections of the program.  Set the window for expiration to say 5 days, and set the window for creating inspectoin lots to maybe 20 days.

Also, a side note.  When dealing with multiple plants, and especially when said plants might have different lists of materials they want reviewed, I create multiple variants for each plant.

Variant 1A - Plant A, process inspection lots

Variant 2A - Plant A, process expired material

Variant 1B - Plant B, process inspection lots

Variant 2B - Plant B, process expired material

Variant 1C - Plant C, process inspection lots

Variant 2C - Plant C, process expired material

Then instead of scheduling through QA05 under a user name, we usually SM36 to create a multistep job that runs every night.  The multistep job basically runs QA07 with a different variant each time.

In this manner, you can then allow a user to have the security to modify the two variants in their plant.  Most larger firms will require you to set the batch job up via their BASIS folks or through their support team.  Once set up, it should run without problems.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for detail explanation i got the whole concept have just below doubt

1. In MMBE we can't see restricted stock still have option to change the status manually in MSC2N, want to know is there any standard report where we can see the how much quanttity in restricted stock

(similar as blocked stock as we can see in MMBE)

As you said restricted stock can be shipped on STO's back to original plant for recycle or destruction can you please provide detail how we can do this.

2.Yes we have multiple plant and will go for the two passes separate variate for lot creation and expired materials.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

To view the restricted batches in MMBE select "Display Version " as "Batches with status" at selection screen of MMBE.

Actaul stock will not be seen in block stock when batch is restricted.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Sujit indicated, not seeing restricted stock in MMBE is probably simply due to the Display Versions defaulted in at the bottom section (List Display) of the MMBE selection screen.  The available display versions can be controlled via config and you can of course create your own in addition to the ones SAP provides.  You also can create user selection variants for the MMBE screen in addition to the standard transaction variant whcih can also be modified to use a different display version.

What stock categories that can be selected for delivery I beleive is controlled by SD config. You should ask your SD guru where to find that.  I beleive that as delivered out of the box SAP is set up that delivery types NL and UL can use stock from unrestricted but delivery type LF can only use unrestricted stock.  Many clients/consultants make changes to this and custom delivery types are not uncommon.  So check with SD on this.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.For Auto UD of lots : Use QA10 ,create varient & run through SM37.

Frequency for this could be every hr ( make sure that you do all relevant plant level setting for auto UD)

2. for Batch expiration & put into blck stock : create varient in QA07 and schedule through QA05.

Frequency for this can be every night .( make sure you tick in to "Block the batch " in QA07 while creating varient )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

thanks for reply but my concern is what would be the input in QA05 for multiple plant ,material and batches .

can i put all material,all plant and all batches in one variant or separate variant is required for these.

and once i will create variant then how it will run for future batch which will generate later during GR.

or batch is not required as input in QA05 only material will consider all batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just  have to input materials & list of plants,system automatically consider the batches that are relevant to plant ,material combination.