cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the changes made in sapscript get reflected in jetform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need a help on jetforms. I dont have much knowledge in jetform.

Recently I had to do some changes in sapscript. After making the changes, I found that the changes got reflected in the spool generated for the output. But when the user tries to print it in paper, the changes are not getting reflected. As per the information from the user, they are using jetform to print this output.

Could you explain me what is this jetform and how should I make the changes made in sapscript get reflected in jetforms.

Regards

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JetForms is the old name for Adobe product.  Someone in your shop probably has a copy of the form design tool loaded on a PC.  In my case, this was called Adobe Output Designer.  One designs and maintains forms in that tool, then the form is copied into the forms repository somewhere on your apps servers.  JetForms was a marvelous tool for early SAP customers, and provided a very nice output form with barcodes output, without additional software or the very expensive hardware modifications for HP LaserJet printers.    Essentially, JetForms intercepted the print to a system printer, reformatted the output stream according to the form design, and then printed on a jetforms designated printer.  Each printer often had two addresses, like P001 for regular output and J001 when JetForms was printing to it.

However, as an old and experienced JetForms developer, I would seriously recommend that you conver the output to SmartForms or Adobe Forms in SAP and migrate away from "Jetforms" as quickly as possible.  In the current SAP environment, there is no need for JetForms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check at [http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69783].

it will help you.