cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts in sales and distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following issues related with texts in quotations and sales orders. Could you be so kind to give me some help?

Question 1)

Text ID 0001 Materials sales text standard bring from the material master record (sales tab) for some materials the content grayed (it is fine) and for others (like services) EDITABLE (issue). I cannot find why.

Question 2)

Is there any standard configuration (or suitable exit / badi) that allow to make the content of the text type to be grayed. I.E. A workflow will fill the appropiatte text type and user should not be able to change it.

Question 3)

Is there any suitable exit or badi that allow to control for instance how many characters the text entered in the text type has. I.e. Text entered cannot be greater that 100 characters, if this is the case interfase with another system will cut the text to 100 characters. The idea is to avoid user to enter "long" texts.

Many thanks

Best regards

Maximiliano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maximiliano,

Question 1)

Texts are always grayed in the text edit control, if they contain formats different to a star ( * ).

When you display such a text in a sales document, you should receive s-message VX202. For further details on this, please read the long text of this message, e. g. in transaction SE91.

Question 2)

No, unfortunately there exists no standard configuration or exit/badi for this.

But for the texts in sales documents you can e. g. modify the flow logic of screen SAPLV70T, 2100.

Here in MODULE (PBO) / FORM TEXT_CONTROL_VORBEREITEN in form routine TEXT_CONTROL_EINGABEBEREIT you can gray out the text edit control (variant DISPLAY_FLAG).

Question 3)

No, unfortunately there exists no exit/badi for this.

But again for the texts in sales documents you can e. g. modify the flow logic of screen SAPLV70T, 2100.

Here in MODULE (PAI) / FORM TEXT_CONTROL_UEBERNEHMEN you can modify internal table LT_TEXT_TABLE after method GV_TEXT_EDITOR->GET_TEXT_AS_STREAM.

Best regards

Martin