cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Run at Contract Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need help with Payment Program in SAP FICA. Currently the program is running fine and additionally I need to execute the Payment Run to clear incoming payments (Bank Draft) at Contract Level for Supplier Accounts. The scenario we are facing issues is when the account balance of contract account is a -ve amount. We have debits on Supplier contract (ex: $100.00) and credits on distribution contract ( ex: -$200.00). We do not want to do Account Maintenance and clear these amounts and want to bank draft only the Supplier amount (debit amount) of the customer. For this I need to execute payment run at contract level for supplier contract using specific Mains and Subs. This is in addition to the regular incoming payments at Contract Account/Business Partner level. I see event 0600 suits this requirement to clear incoming payments for the supplier contracts. Please advise if this is a correct event and any additional steps I need to take to clear these payments. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SapUser.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look at the consulting note 568966 'FI-CA consulting note: Grouping in the payment run'.

How are open items grouped to payments? Why are items paid together or not together?

Especially point 11:

11. additional fields that the application determines in event 0600, like payment data from the contract

Here for example the contract number and the payment methods/bank details from the contract can be displayed. This means that items of two contracts with different outgoing payment method are not paid together, even if for example they only display debit positions and no payment occurs. Because the balance of a group of items grouped together can only be determined after the grouping, you cannot first group without the differentiation of the outgoing payment methods and then discover that the balance is negative (and a payment is to be made), and then group again, this time with consideration of the different outgoing payment methods.

Hope this helps.

regards, David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

That helps. This resolves my issue. I am trying to group items at contract level using a combination of Contract and Distribution key for the requirement I have. Thanks a lot for your help. Appreciate it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you use Event 0600, if you already know your specific Main/Subs to be cleared, specify them in the custom selections tab of the Payment Run.

For further granularity, you could also specify as parameter NEQ space for the contract number field, and also Amount >0.

You can then do a dedicated run for the Suppliers.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

I appreciate your help. That definetly solves but I am trying to check the the open items at contract level in the same payment run. I tried this but I was thinking of alternate options. Thank you again.

Regards,

SapUser