Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM User Feedback & Questions

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been using ChaRM since the start of 2012 and I've started receiving some feedback/questions from key users.

There was many good questions and I'm hoping some experts on here can assist in some of the ones I was unsure of.

Q1 Exactly how does ChaRM handle the migration of transports in regards to the order of import and prerequisites?

For example, if we created multiple transports against a correction, how would these import.  I have a feeling that they are imported in the order they were released?  Is there anyway to make a transport a prerequisite before another transport?  Is there any useful information experts can share on this subject.

Q2 Using the Document Flow icon in a correction, users can navigate to the Maintenance Cycle which allows them to access any correction against that Cycle.  This means potentially a user could start making changes to another correction even though they haven't been marked as a business partner for that specific correction.  Is there a way around this?

Q3 When a user changes a Business Partner on a correction, there is no audit trail for this.  For example, if you changed the Developer from one BP to another BP, when you look on the Transaction tab (Overview) there is no change record to say what changed and who changed it.  Is there a way to include this so these changes can be tracked?

Q4 Is there a way to link documents from a project into ChaRM?  For example, a user has uploaded a Functional Script into a project via tcode SOLAR02.  Can this document be somehow linked to the correction in ChaRM in the documents tab?

Q5 The way we have setup ChaRM is we have a maintenance project for each system (ie. ECC, SRM, CRM, BW etc)  There was reasons for doing it this way although we realise we lose some positives from a single project.  Because of our setup, we have an ibase/component for each system and people are finding it tough to locate the correct one for each system.  Is there an easier way for users to choose their ibase?  Can we only make the ones we want to show as opposed to the hundreds that appear when they search?

That's all the questions.  I was going to create a topic for each one but I thought it might be good to group these into one thread.  Really appreciate everyones time, thanks very much!!

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Q1 Exactly how does ChaRM handle the migration of transports in regards to the order of import and prerequisites?

Ans for Q1: If you have multiple TR for change document then TR get imported into the target based on the release sequence.Which TR is release first it imported first, You cannt define this sequence automatically by defining pre requestie, If you want anything to be considered first, make sure you release that Pre requestie TR first before the next,

Q2..

Ans for Q2: Using document flow icon you can navigate to the associated correction, but only the users involved in the correction process means their BP is maintained only can navigate to the target system directly from the change document, and make changes , again only if they are provided authorisation to do changes in target.

Q3..

all the details are getting logged under transaction data and objects sub tab

refer here http://scn.sap.com/people/eneko.bilbao/blog/2011/08/18/troubleshooting-in-solution-manager-charm

make your object tab visible, you can view the BP change too.

Q4:

you can link the project, soluiton, business process structure document to CHARM using the context tab, have you checked?

Q5:

It is normally based on your current requirement, how your landscape is managed, you can have single global maintenance project where all your landscape are maintained separately using separate logical component for each landscape. It goes well without any mess. whenever the developer is created TR, it asks you which Logical component you want, so what ever you choose , it select that TR route for further.so in case mulitple landscape in single maintenace project create a Transport request,based upon Logical component it knows which is right Quality and prd.

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

REALLY appreciate your time in answering these...so thanks very much

The 'Context' and 'Objects' tabs are NOT appaering in ChaRM.  How do I hide/unhide tabs in ChaRM?

I've had a look in customizing but can't seem to find anywhere to do this.

Thanks

Shaun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Documents button is only used to link documents from solar02.

structure objects are used for linking business process structure of a project.

kindly check with the docuements button.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

The documents button does not work.  As per my above post:

I also tried going into Customer Fields tab and clicking on Documents icon.  However I get a message that says:

"Function is Not Active"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for duplicate posts.

Just did an SU53 and realised there was some authorisation missing.  The auth object SM_CHM_CO is needed to assign documents.

This is now working.

Out of all my questions, the only outstanding question is 3 (see first post).  If someone manually changes a Business Partner number there's no way to trace this.

For example, we assign BP 123 as the Developer role.  But then this person is changed from BP 123 to 789.

This is fine as sometimes we need to change this information.  However, the change in partner is not captured in the Objects tab (which we need for audit purposes).  Anyone know how to activate this?

I will then close this thread

Thanks

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Seems I had ZDMJ linked to the incorrect Screen Profile.

I managed to change this in tcode CRMV_SSC.  So now I see the "Objects" tab and the "Customer Fields" (context) tab.

The Customer Fields is exactly what I want, thank you!

The Objects tab doesn't seem to be updating like I thought it would though.  For example, we have Business Partner in the Developer Role for our ZDMJ.  There Business Partner number is 123.  We update their BP number to 456, which is a totally different Developer.  Nowhere in the Object tab does it reference this change in the Developer role (or any roles for that matter).  Is this possible???

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some time before we had same discussion like BP getting changed automatically.

can you read here, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3144253

Let me know how this go...

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have just tried Customer Fields for the first time and it's not doing what I thought it would.  I want to link a config document that I have saved in a maintenance project (via SOLAR02) to my Change Document (ZDMJ).  I am doing below steps:

1. I am going into Customer Fields tab and clicking on Project icon

2. Choose Project from dialogue box

3. The Project then appears with a dropdown icon next to it

4. Click on dropdown icon and it says "Structure Objects"

Not really sure what this is?  How do I link a document from a project?

I also tried going into Customer Fields tab and clicking on Documents icon.  However I get a message that says:

"Function is Not Active"

Not sure if I should be using Project or Documents and how to link documents.  Please help!!

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Q5. In Solman 7.1, Please Check the below screen steps for geting particular Ibase in Change Request scope block.

Without saving the project data in CR. try to select ibase in Change Request scope block. it show all ibase number.

Now the Ibase show only PRD ibase of ECC landscape system.

Rg,

Karthik