cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about ABAP Web services in NW (SAP_BASIS) release 702

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In the past i have worked on creating web services from RFC's in NW 701 system. Creating a web service would create an entry in SICF and it is possible to maintain the web service (communication type, security etc.,) using SOA manager.

I happen to work on NW 702 and trying to create a web service. I could create one from RFC and could activate the same. However, i don't see the service created in SICF service path /sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/. Please note that we have activated all necessary ICF services including SOA manager. The second issue is, i could see the service thru SOA manager but when i try to configure using 'Configuration tab', the selected service is not visible.

I could see the service in the enterprise services list in SE80. I did activate the service. I learnt that web services administration had changed in release 702 but not sure of the changes. esp. how to handle RFC web services.

Appreciate if anybody had come across could share their experience.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like from 702, we no longer see the service definition in SICF but endpoints are visible after we create them in SOAMANAGER. It works without any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is still open. Appreciate if anybody had come across could share their experience

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Direct put your service name in SICF ,  instead of going by path and check its appearing or not.

What u see in configuration tab are the end points , if u r in QA or in any system other than dev ,

u have to create endpoints manually.

Many Thanks,

Jitendra

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I remember the last change to WS designtime and runtime was in 7.0 SP15 but not in NW 7.02.

Did you use any namespce /XÝZ/WEB_SERVICE ? Those are a little bit harder to find.

Regards,

Tobias