Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Solution Manager 7.1 - Basic Configuration Issue

We are getting this error on Step 5 (Configure Automatically) at the "Enable Solution Manager Usage" activity:

ESR: Extractor setup is not successful!

Here is the documentation explaining this activity:

Prerequisite

The role SAP_SM_BASIC_SETTINGS should be assigned to the user who perform the setup and also to the RFC user, if run BW on another client or as a stand-alone system. RFC connection between your SAP Solution Manager and BW should be setup.

Procedure

You launch the activity through the link in SOLMAN_SETUP

The following changes are made to your system

With automatic activity Enable Solution Manager Usage - CL_SMUG_ACT_AUTO_AGS in basic setup several entries in extraction framework will be generated.

The extractors are based on BI content cubes:

0SM_ESRSU - SAP Solution Manager Usage

During the setup there will be also a scheduling for data extraction performed. The extracted data will be serialized into XML structures, encrypted and transferred to SAP Service Backbone.

These Data will be analyzed and help SAP understand the customer#s situation and provide better service and support.

I found this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2092338 that has a solution of going to t-code RSA1 and the system will ask you to activate.  I tried this but when going to RSA1 I do not see the prompt to activate anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solution for this issue?  Are there any other logs to look at?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Once I finished these two items and re-ran the step it came out green:

1. Run SU25 to finish role post processing (Steps 2A to 2D). I had upgraded from Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.1 and forgot to run this step
  2. I also added authorization S_RZL_ADM to the role  ZSAP_SM_BI_ADMIN.
2 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question