Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP21 Historian and PCo 2.2

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello PCo Gurus,

I'm trying to set up connectivity between an MII instance [12.2.2 Build(212)] and IP21 Historian, Via PCo 2.2 SP03. The destination system is set up easily, the source system is ok as well, with the agent I have some issues. As you see (or you don't) in the image below, the PCo Agent starts and the connection is established. When I'm trying to define the MII Data Server, everything I get is an error status. In the logs, the following:

[severity = Fatal] Invalid request type LISA for Port defined as: MII

at SAP.manufacturing.Connectivity.Protocol.Custom.PCoQueryRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(Object handler)

Any thoughts in helping me get past this?

Many thanks,

paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Make sure you are using the MII DataServer of type PCo for the MII Port defined in PCo.  The MII DataServer of type Tag is for the legacy Tag query templates.  The error leads me to believe that you have them confused.

Sam

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The MII port defined in PCo is the default 9000. In defining the PCO connector, I need to manually enter the URL to the PCo management service (I do not have access to maintain SLD).

Assuming the URL to PCoConnector is of the type http://<host>:<port>/  (saphelp is not clear at all here), where port = 9000 and host = the machine where MII and PCo are installed, I get a "waiting" icon in the browser and nothing else happens. The tracelogs and application logs are empty ..

Later Edit: actually, it times out when tries to connect (I've attached a screen capture below).

Looking on the services list on this machine, there is an error in the windows logs/system folder saying the following:

"The SAP Plant Connectivity (ManagementHost) service depends the following service: HTTPFilter. This service might not be installed."

However, this is a dependancy with a service that no longer exists within IIS7. HTTP SSL was an IIS6 supporting service, and no one can find that within Server 2008-based IIS installations. For IIS7, the HTTPFilter is a core component, not a service.

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I removed the dependency to the inexistent HTTPFilter service from the windows registry and rebooted the server. Now the service starts, but I have the same results -- indefinitely (10 min) "waiting" icon .. then the timeout error from ICM.

The saphelp has a different naming convention / content than the MII form where one needs to define the connectors and is simply of no use.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco22/helpdata/en/4c/72e47ae631469ee10000000a15822d/content.htm

0 Kudos

Paul,

I understand your pain here it caught me as well the first time I tried to setup the PCo Data Server so I can understand the confusion.  In the PCo Management Console you will see the Tools -> Options menu and in there is a tree item for the "Management Host -> Settings" option.  Here is where the port is defined for the PCo Managment Console/Host service, the default value is 50050

Then in the MII Data Server Definition Wizard for your PCo Connection you enter the following URL for connection to PCo and browsing your configured Agents with MII Type Ports enabled:

http://<PCoServerName>:<MgmtConsolePort>/PCoManagement

All of this is documented in the PCo help here for 12.2 and newer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco22/helpdata/en/20/54890ecc2e491d8e9c79c34c8ae636/content.htm

and here for MII 12.1 and older:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco22/helpdata/en/00/b1be324aaa485a928f1ab53686011c/content.htm

Regards,

Sam

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

I finally got it working. Thanks a lot for all your hints and guidance.

Looks like the timeout was coming from the wrong URL to the PCo Management console. I'd give anything to see it included in the documentation, but anyway, here is also a good spot for all this information. Also, SP04 should remove the reference to the HTTPFilter so that no one is forced to edit the windows registry manually .. I cannot imagine what was the ground for parental control requirements ..

Anyway, thanks again many many times.

paul.

0 Kudos

Hmmm, wonder what I should ask for then...here's the link to the URL in the Help Documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco22/helpdata/en/17/a18bca9fb148488cee1e87d9c2897d/content.htm

Sam

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You're right, the link is there. Make your wishlist known

Unfortunately the help section refers to PCo configuration, and not to the MII Data Servers of PCoConnector type. Moreover, the Data Server Wizard asks to "Enter the URL to the PCo instance manually" .. not for the URL needed for the PCo Management Web service access.

PCo html help packaged in CHM format (one can download with the install kit) gives a little more on setting up the Management Host Service and SLD registration process and that pointed me to check if all the required services were up and running.

Semantics .. some can say ..

paul.

Abuzar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 1680651

Regards,

Abuzar Ehteshamuddin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using UDC connector for configuring tags via PCo but even in case of UDC,we are getting exactly the same error in PCo.We have also tried changing the port number from 9000 to 9005 but still it didn't work.At first,seeing the error we thought it maybe some firewall issue but we have cross checked and found out that it's not any firewall issue here.We are not able to figure out what exactly is creating this issue.We are using SAP MII 12.2.3(Build 179).In case of PCo,we have tried doing in both the versions 2.2 and 2.1 but it is getting the same error.The error is as follows :

30/04/2012 11:47:14 570Error.132280MatriconHDAAgentPCoQueryRequestHandlerUnable to process request.[severity = Fatal] Invalid request type LISA for Port defined as: MII
   at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Protocol.Custom.PCoQueryRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(Object handler)

Can you please help us out?

Thanks & Regards,

Shawna

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shawna,

For each defined PCo Agent Instance, on the Query Ports tab, there are check boxes for the type of communication protocol to be used between PCo amd MII.  For MII 12.2.3 and PCo 2.2, use the following selections as indicated:

MII Data Source Type          PCo Selection

PCoConnector                    SAP MII

UDCConnector                    MII before 12.2

For MII 12.2.3 and PCo 2.1:

MII Data Source Type          PCo Selection

PCoConnector                     MII

UDCConnector                     Legacy

The error you received indicated that you had selected the wrong PCo selection for the MII UDC connector.

UDCConnector in MII uses the LISA protocol, PCoConnector in MII uses the newer MII protocol.

- Steve

0 Kudos

Couple of questions:

• What are you using in the MII Data Server Definition for the UDC Connector definition? 
  • In the PCo Management Console, what do you have in the PCo Query Ports definition for "SAP MII" and "MII before 12.2"?

The error previously encountered on this thread by Paul was because of an incorrect URL in the MII Data Server type PCo for the Manual discovery of Agents.  Please explain exactly what you are doing and include screenshots.  I also recommend you create a separate thread as this thread is already marked as answered.

Sam