cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping works in test but not in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a change to a message mapping and tested it - worked fine. I saved and activated this change.

But when i send a message through in real time - the change is not recognized.

i have opened the operational mapping and made a small change there and activated - thinking this might trigger the application to look for changes or maybe recompile (i don't know if this actually happens but the idea is right)

any idea what i need to do to get the message mapping change recognized and used?

thanks,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try reactivating your interface determination?

Regards,

Mark

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

What change did you make, did it involve change in message type ? Also what is the exact scenario tha you are dealing with IDoc/ Proxy based?

Thanks,
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Is cache solutions prdvided above are not working?

What is ur scenario? if its an idoc inbound try reimporting the metadata of the idoc

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If to refresh CPA cache doesn't help with the problem, you could try with SXI cache that is used also in runtime,  the transaction sxi_cache: Delta cache refresh + Complete cache refresh.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julia

Its got to do something with Cache Refresh. If Cache Refresh does not work, try restarting the instance of your server.

Regards

Monika

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Like Prateek Raj Srivastava says the problem seems a CPA cache problem. In SAP PI the design objects more used in runtime like mappings, service interfaces, etc are cached in configuration time in CPA cache In this thread Prateek explains formidably how it works http://scn.sap.com/thread/1028733.

If you have problems with the single refresh propposed by Prateek you could do a complete cache refresh: http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full using PIDIRUSER / XIDIRUSER depending of your version XI or PI.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It appears to be a cache problem. You may perform Single Repository Object Cache.

Go to PI Main Page -> Administration -> Integration Builder -> Cache Overview -> Single Repository Object Cache Refresh. You have to provide following:

Object Type  MAPPING

Object Id - as per Properties of your mapping

Software Component - as per Properties of your mapping

Also, you may follow SAP Note 1377033.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek

But it didn't work.