cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWAlert setup: yellow flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody... I'm having some EWA issues...let me give you a little brief about my problem.

we used to generate EWA's every month, but from july 2011 (thats my last succesfully EWA) on I'm not able to do it..... I'm kind of newby into this basis thing so i had to investigate and investigate, and keep investigating about it....and I'm kind of stuck now....I ran RTCCTOOL on my SolMan server and got some red flags about upgrading and updating ST-PI and ST-A/PI but now theres a yellow one that i'm stuck with.... and says as follows:

EWAlert setup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description     Setup of the EarlyWatch Alert service

[ checks that min. 2 EWAlert sessions to SAP Solution Manager or to SAP

are found in last 60 days, and that SDCC session manager job runs ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Implementation  We recommend that SAP Solution Manager be used to monitor your systems

via Earlywatch Alert. In this case you activate it just by including

a system into a Solution Landscape. See the note 1257308  . If this is

not possible, data for productive systems can be processed at SAP.

I have checked my sdccn on my solman and satellite systems and I got the task programmed, looks like there's some RFC connection failing, but I don't know which one is...i have read some forums that i can manually 'make it green' but don't know how this will affect my EWA reports...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The RTCCTOOL items must be performed in each managed system for which the EWA will be generated, this includes the solution manager if you're going to generate the EWA for it. This is more related to the programs used in the data collection, what impacts in the data quality provided to the EWA.

To generate an EWA for a managed system you have to create the EWA session in the solution manager, this can be done as per notes 1257308 and 207223(in this second note you will find description clarifying the difference between the EWA generated in your solution manager and at SAP).

Also, the RFCs must be generated, the most important RFC in this case is the RFC that should be setup as 'master' in the SDCCN of each managed system, it is usually named with the pattern SM_<Solman ID>CLNT<Client>_BACK and it points to your solution manager, they can be created in transaction SMSY of your solution manager(it will access the managed system and create the "BACK" RFC). In the SDCCN of each managed system, set this RFC as 'Master'(don't do it in the solution manager itself) by opening the SDCCN -> Utilities -> Settings -> Task Specific -> RFC Destinations -> Task Specific.

Also you can check note 763561 which describes how the SDCCN must be activated and how you can work with it, what are the authorizations necessary and what tasks should be running on it. Be sure you're running the SDCCN and not the SDCC.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Daniel, i have been checking further in my solman and i can see my RFC SM_SSMCLNT001_BACK, tested the connection and worked fine...

i went to my productive server, checkev over SDCCN got there my service preparation check task, and on my rfc connections the master one is an RFC SM_SSMCLNT001_TRUSTED, can this be causing this issue??

besides when i check my overdues EWA solutions i got this:

when i call the SDCCN i got this error: "There is no trusted/Login RFC connection for PRd system in Ta.SMSY

you think the RFC TRUSTED/BACK change can be causing this error?

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the session data is overdue is was not collected/delivered from the managed system to the solution manager. Only the BACK RFC could cause that, the TRUSTED RFC is only being used to make you access the managed system.

Check in the managed system SDCCN -> Utilities -> Settings -> Task Specific -> RFC Destinations -> Settings:

1) Do you see the TRUSTED RFC?

2) Is it set as master?

3) Test the connection.

Also ensure that in the SDCCN under tab "To Do" you find a "Maintenance package" running every day and check under tab "Done" the logs of this task for any issue. Here you might find EWA tasks too, check their logs for any issue too.

You can perform a test and run a task named "Refresh sessions" in the SDCCN of your managed system using the BACK RFC and check if this will create an EWA task in the SDCCN.

One other check you should perform is if the installation number of the managed system is identical to the installation placed beside the EWA session for this system in transaction DSWP.

If it does not help you please provide screenshots of the SDCCN in the managed system, tabs "To Do" and "Done".

Best regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked on my Productive system...and got this:

1.- i can see the trusted RFC

2.- yes it is set as master

3.- i have tested the connection and worked well

in my sdccn to do tab I just have a RTCCTOOL task running monthly as far i as see in the attributes, i don't have that maintenance package...

i tried to test the BACK RFC but when i create this refresh sessions i can't choose the BACK RFC...i just have the TRUSTED and SDCC_OSS RFC's

here's a screenshot of my SDCCN:

the BACK RFC, the maintenance package and a refresh sessions they're in my solman, and not in my productive system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been checking a litle further and looks like my error is in one of my RFC's in my solman itested and it shows an error...looks like there's one user that have no authorization to connect/collect data,

but I'm not sure about how tolve it....

here's the screen:

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is your solution manager SID = PRD?

Also, there shouldn't be TRUSTED connections in the SDCCN, only SDCC_OSS and the BACK RFC.

As I'm not sure about the RFCs in your system I would say that following steps should resolve the problem:

1. Ensure that you have performed the initial/basic configurations in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP. Here you will create the user SOLMAN_ADMIN and provide this user with the administration authorizations for the solution manager.

2. Use this user to recreate the RFCs in transaction SMSY -> <find the managed system in the list> -> tab Clients -> Use the wizard to create the RFCs for the managed system and ensure that the back RFC is working.

3. In the managed system, go to the SDCCN and set the BACK RFC as 'Master".

4. Still in the SDCCN schedule a daily "Maintenance Package" task to run. Without this task nothing is going to work.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nope my solution manager SID = SSM

I guess then that all the previuos steps were to do them in my solution manager server right??

looks like the connection that is used is the trusted one...and theres a user SOLMANSSM001 (don't know if this is a SAP embedded user) but looks like this user authorization is not right...

I'll change in my solution manager the connections and will replace the trusted connection with the BACK one...i might guess that i need to replace them in my satellite system too right??

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Well, if your solution manager is SSM, then in your managed system PRD you should have an RFC named SM_SSMCLNT<solman client>_BACK as master in the SDCCN.

SOLMANSSM001 is not a default user delivered by SAP.

I'm flagging below which steps should be done in your solution manager and which should be done in your manager system:

1. Ensure that you have performed the initial/basic configurations in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP. Here you will create the user SOLMAN_ADMIN and provide this user with the administration authorizations for the solution manager. (should be done in the solution manager)

2. Use this user to recreate the RFCs in transaction SMSY -> <find the managed system in the list> -> tab Clients -> Use the wizard to create the RFCs for the managed system and ensure that the back RFC is working. (should be done in the solution manager)

3. In the managed system, go to the SDCCN and set the BACK RFC as 'Master". (should be done in the managed system)

4. Still in the SDCCN schedule a daily "Maintenance Package" task to run. Without this task nothing is going to work. (should be done in the managed system in this case, however this is part of the basic SDCCN setup done in every system).

Best regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It wasn't me who conifgured our solution manager, i guess the former basis just did it....as i can see he used SM_SSMCLNT100_TRUSTED instead of BACK RFC, i really don't know how can this affect the EWA generation....

regarding your points...

1.- I got a SOLMANADMIN user, but don't know the password =S

2.- in the smsy i can't find the clients tab..i'll post a picture of my smsy main screen.

3.- in my managed system i have a BACK RFC under internal connections, shouldn't it be on ABAP connections??

4.- there's no maintenance package , just a service preparation check...i'll create it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should use the back RFC, which retrive the data from the solution manager. and make sure you set back rfc as master in sdccn of your managed system

and you shoudl jave maintenance package session scheduled every day. it creates automatically two tasks one as refresh definition and refresh session, usually this refresh session triggers the EWA report.

please check in sdccn done tab, are you able to see any of these task are stated as done.

As you are not the person who configured EWA, I am strongly suggesting delete and recreate the service definitions as stated in the sap note SAP Note 727998 for Refresh of Service Definitions

follow this note in both Solman and managed systems

and the guide https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

Thanks,

Jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should refer to the document https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

It is the best practice EWA setup guide.

Regards,

Paul