Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_Setup to configure Solution Manager

former_member189780
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In our landscape, we have solution manager 7.0. We used tcode SMSY to connect to the managed systems to get the EWA, system monitoring etc.

Future plan is to use the Solution Manager server for other activites also like root cause analysis, issue management etc.

We are advised to use the  "solman_setup" tcode to configure root cause analysis and other functionality of solution manager server.

I'm reading sap solution manager documents and also SM100 course material. As per my understanding, we should use 'solman_setup' to configure the solution manager server after the new installation. But in our case, solution manager is already installed and connected to managed server using tcode SMSY.

Question: Can we use 'solman_setup' now? If yes, does it mean that i should delete all connection to managed server and follow the steps of 'solman_setup' to

re-configure solution manager server?

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Amar

You don't have to delete managed system.

You have to run txn Solman_setup, when

1) the first time you updated your solman to 7.0 SPS18 (can't remember exactly) and above, and you never run it before, you should run it and go through the "Intial setup", "Basic Configuration"  and "Managed System configuration" phase, and maybe in 'Managed System configuration' step you can skip some steps like generating RFC if you already have done so, and for other steps related to diagnostic and root cause analysis, you still have to perform.

2) then every time you update your Solman, patches or upgrade, you have to come back to solman_setup to check if there are any task that needs to be 'refreshed'

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I don't think you need to delete anything, You can run through the SOlman_setup and which ever tasks are not performed properly will be corrected and new tasks will be updated.

THanks,

Jagadish.