cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid date format - Message 14943

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am receiving a error message when trying to user the Inventory Receipt function within ME 5.2.6 that states "Invalid date format 06/30/2012 (Message 14943)".

Does any one know where I can find out what the proper format of the date should be?

Currently the Material has a Data Type associated with it "Data to Collect on Inventory Receipt" set to INV_RECEIPT_DATA_EXP.

Within Data Type Maintenance this data type has one of its Data Fields set to EXPIRATION_DATE.

However, I don't see anywhere what the format of the date is supposed to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a bit more experimenting I believe it may be because "EXPIRATION_DATE" is a reserved name(?).

If I change "EXPIRATION_DATE" to " EXP_DATE" I'm able to enter whatever I want.

I am guessing that I should not use "EXPIRATION_DATE" as a custom data field.

Perhaps this basic field is associated with a calendar and thus it couldn't be that easy to input a string like "04/19/2012" to that field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very interesting.  It turns out the EXPIRATION_DATE custom field is colliding with a field of the same name used for the Time Sensitive Material (TSM) logic.  The date validation used for the TSM logic is happening on your data type field named EXPIRATION_DATE.

This basically means that EXPIRATION_DATE is a reserved word in this portion of ME.  It can't be used as a data field.  The same thing probably applies to the other TSM fields: MAX_FLOOR_LIFE and MAX_SHELF_LIFE.

Your solution to use EXP_DATE or another field name is the right approach.

Answers (0)