Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code determination in shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.1.

Can anyone tell me how is the tax code(whether international or domestic) determined in shopping cart?I know the tax code is fetched based on the product catgeory and the SPRO config maintained.But how is the tax code catgeory(dometsic or international) determined?Is it based on the devlivery address or the vendor?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the tax code category i.e domestic or international is determined from delivery address and vendor address. If the Vendor country is same as delivery address country it determines 'domestic' tax category else international.

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am currently in SRM 7.0 and i can't get the tax code to be re-determined once is defaulted. In detail, when i create the SC, the tax code is correctly defaulted based on country/product category. but it is always domestic because there's no supplier yet. -> OK.

But how can i get it to change after? i changed 2 things:

1. preferred supplier - nothing happens

2. assigned a supplier - nothing happens

I even made a PO out of this SC and a new tax code is not determined (international).

If i create a Purchase Order without a shopping cart it works fine.

Does anyone face the same problem?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nuno,

It looks like a bug.

Check Note Note 1652317 - Tax Code not changed on change of Supplier

Thanks,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For SC#

The system determines a tax indicator.

You can change the default tax indicator. You can display the tax amounts per

item and as total amount. You can define whether the tax amount is to be taken

into account with approval via workflow

see example

Its entirely up to you whether you want to include tax as part of the product price or wish to have it as a separate item. By setting up tax codes and assigning these to products, the system is able to display and add the relevant tax for each product.

Here is an example of how this works and your options:

• You setup a new tax code under eCommerce -> Tax Codes, e.g. VAT with a value of 12%
  • For every product that you add to the system, you add its sales price as ex-tax, e.g. $10 and choose VAT as the tax code applicable for this product. Note that the Country in the dropdown needs to match the country of the URL.
  • When the customer views the product in the online shop, they will see the price as $11.65 ($10 + 16.50% tax). You can even chose to show the tax component as a separate item for further clarity using an approprite tag that displays the tax.
  • Alternatively you can avoid setting up your tax code and enter the product sale price as $22 which includes the tax in the price.

You can customize your tax does via:    eCommerce -> Tax codes

let me know if it is helpful to you ..

Regards

Satya