cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select new component vendor name while creating new shared project in MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have integrated MII with NWDI . Now when I am trying to create new shared project I am unable to see new vendor component name that I created in SLD . It always shows default "sap.com" .

Other thing , Whats the significance of component name . I see " temp/, home/, tmp/. test/, local/ " . Which one should I select when creating a new shared project.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same issue, and used /tst for sharing projects.  It works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the component vendor name . Were you able to create vendor component name as  "YourCompanyName.com" or did you select default "sap.com"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used the sap.com.  When I have time, I will try again to make my own namespace etc, but as NWDI is merely a tool to transport our projects, I stopped looking into it.  So we used what was already there.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You will need to specify the vendor name during defining the product/software component in SLD. For example if your company name is ABC then you can create an entry in SLD as

Product Name: MIIPRODUCT

Vendor Name: ABC.com

Version: 1.0

SC Name: MIISC

Once you assign this SC to your track in CMS and then use this SC in your MII workbench to create a DC you will see ABC.com as vendor.

To add new prefixes you need to go to Name Reservation in SLD and choose Name Prefixes Tab. Then Choose Application Context Root option and add new Name Prefix like abc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

Thanks for the reply !

We followed the exactly the same steps listed above but still we see only "sap.com" . Is there any other setting that you can think of that I might be missing or any other way to trouble shoot the issue ?

Thanks,

Naresh

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

Did you create a Name Prefix for your company name in SLD? If not this is what you are missing.

Go to SLD and choose Name Reservation and Name Prefixes. Create New Name prefix and provide tthe entry as

yourcompanyname.com/yourdcprefix.

You should repeat this for all prefixes you want.

Hope this helps.

regards

Partha