cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serialisation requirement missing in EWM inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the ECC side we have inbound delivery and serial numbers are maintained for the material in ECC as well as in EWM. However when a inbound delivery is created in EWM, the field serial number requirement at item detail has value blank and there are no serial numbers displayed on the tab serial number.

All the serial number profiles are identlcal in ECC and EWM, the configuration settings are fine as well.

Any input/suggestions comments to resolve this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

I have few errors on the inbound delivery activation but dont think they are really relevant for the process. I am sharing the screen print here and surprisingly my understanding is thiese error messages should have any impact on the serial numbers as serial number is associated to product and these messages are related to printing.

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks and Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Indeed, the error messages are not relevant, we get them as well and do not affect our processes . I also think they are caused by the printing process. Do not worry about them.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

Thanks for your response.

See on the EWM side I have three profiles, the one profile which is defined as 0003 same as in ECC, has the following values in the configuration- serial number requirement has value C-requirement in IM.

On the ECC side, 0003 is relevant for all goods movements and it is defined at the material master level and serial number profile related to EWM is populated on the WM execution view as well as warehouse product view in EWM.

So when i create inbound delivery and assign serial numbers, my expectations is that serial number will pass on to inbound delivery notification/order in EWM side. This is not happening, so when i try to click on the create button for serial number, i get a message that product is not serialised.

Not sure why this is happening, any suggestions?

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Yes I would expect that the system brings you the serial number in the ID. Did you check the Product master data to make sure that the Serial number profile is present? Ussually it comes from the ERP system with the CIF. Also, did you check the SMQ1 in ERP to see if you have a message there regarding the ID creation in EWM?

Can you check the SLG1 in EWM for the ID to see if the activation went smoothly or it had any errors when at least trying to create by itself the serial numbers?

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

If you say that the configuration settings are ok then did you allocate the Serial number Profile on the product master data in SCM? Also, what serialization would you want to be displayed in the ID...A, B or C? Are you sure that the settings done lead to either A,B or C?

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim