cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite profile and weighting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

This question is about Composite profile in DP. We can enter more than one Univariate profiles and give them weighting.

1. When I define two different Univariate profiles, the system is taking the weighting by default as 100. (I am getting 100 for both of them). I know that if I define 50-50, then my result would have 50% from each of the univariate profiles. What does 100-100 mean? Is it saying that I am getting 100% of my result from both of them??

2. When I enter two univariate profiles and one MLR and give wieghtage as 30,30 for Univariate profiles and 40 for MLR. The problem is, when I save it, the MLR profile is getting disappeared. Does it mean that the system doesnot take this combination or am I making any mistake?

I have read help.sap.com about this composite forecasting but doesnot answer my above questions.

My univariate profiles are one with startegy11(moving average) and other with croston model.I am in SCm 4.1 version.

Does anyone have any other documentationt hat can help me?

My id is visu_venkat@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu ,

1.What you have understood is right .50-50 do not mean mean the actual % which will add up to 100 (it can be more than 100), but this is the weighting given for that forecast profile results as we take while calculating weighted Avg.

2. I have tried this case with my data and no problem like you are getting ,and also I have not read anywhere that the system doesnot take this combination .

You can go through Weighting Profile help by F1 anf for fyi check<a href="https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=956382&_NLANG=E">OSS Note 956382</a>

Regds// Digs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Digs,

Thanks for the reply. I didnot understand clearly when you meant by "this is the weighting given for that forecast profile results as we take while calculating weighted Avg."?

If this is not percentage, let say I have 100-100, then it means equal weightage for both? Can also give 1000-1000? Is ther any limit for these numbers? I am just trying to understand how do the calculations are done and the numbers are making sense.

I appreciate your reply but can you dig a little more deep or refere to any documentation that's taking about this?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi visu

though i have not used composite fcst profiles, going by the use of weighting profiles in like-profiles i can hazard a guess...

more than the weightage it would affect the total result...

eg if result of forecast profile A = 100 and profile B = 200

and if the wighting percentage is 50 - 50, the values would be 1000.5+2000.5

if it is 75% - 65 % the composite would be 1000.75+ 2000.65

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu ,

Pls see link of weighing moving average for the Calculation .

suppose

Y is the final composite forecast

x1,x2,...xn are the univariate and MLR forecasts

w1,w2,...wn are the weighing factors

Then Y = Sigma of (xn*wn) / Sigma of wn

You can refer the below link for ref..

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ac/216b7d337b11d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm">Weighted Moving Average</a>

Hope this clears ...

Regds// Digs...

Answers (0)