cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.3 Installation and Usage Type

0 Kudos

I am attempting to install SAP NW 7.3 Java Stack on IBMi and am running into the following issues:

1.  I have selected to Install Portal and BI Java Components - Standard System.

2.  When the installation trys to install the Usage types I receive the following error on the Deploy Java Components.

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.3 > SAP Systems > Application Server Java > Standard System > Standard System( Last error reported by the step: Execution of Deploy Controller Runner tool '/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/NW73/DB4/STD/sapjvm/sapjvm_6/bin/java -classpath /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/NW73/DB4/STD/install/lib:/usr/sap/QU1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/J70/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/J70/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.com~tc~je~clientlib~impl.jar:/usr/sap/QU1/J70/j2ee/j2eeclient/sap.com~tc~logging~java~impl.jar:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/NW73/DB4/STD/install/lib/tc~je~cl_deploy.jar -Xmx256m -Ddc.api.verbose=false -Dos400.stdio.convert=N com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.cmd.Runner deploy -l /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/NW73/DB4/STD/deploy.lst -e stop -u lower -w safety

--lcm bulk -t 14400000 --host OLYQAS --port 57004' aborts with return code 104.

3.  I have patched the DVD Kernel and Java_OSINDENDENT SCA's.

4. I have opened a message with SAP But not getting a response as of yet.

5.  It seems this is a common error if I were installing the XI ESR components but I am not.

6.  The Base Application Server is up but the installation hangs on the deploy of Usage Type.

Any help is appreciated if anyone has run into this issue.

Regards,

JP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Yes - my problem was resolved by using an updated Software Provisioning Manager. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about the space? Are you sure there is enough space on the filesystem?

Regards

Raffaele Carafa

0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply.  Space is not an issue.  I have over 900G of space available on the server.

admin_anassap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Did you solve your problem? Do you remember how?

Thanks,

Flaviano

0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Seen a similar hang recently in another customer's installation. It will probably help support if you provide a stacktrace of the server process.

Just in case you want to give the solution of the other case a shot, not knowing at all if the situation is the same without the stack information:

start configtool and update the ExecutorPoolMaxSize and

PercentageOfParallelismAllowed parameters in ApplicationThreadManager.   

configtool - cluster-dat - instance - managers -ApplicationthreadManager 

ExecutorPoolMaxSize: 100 

PercentageOfParallelismAllowed: 50   

Afterwards restart the J2EE server and check the issue.

Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

did you patch the kernel before the beginning of the installation ? If not, I would stop the installation, patch the kernel now and then restart the installation.

This is just a general recommendation as I do not know any trace files of your installation.

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

0 Kudos

I did patch the Kernel to Level 201 and the ILE.SAR, IGSEXE.SAR, IGSHELPER.SAR, SAPJVM6.SAR and LUP.SAR to the latest. I also patched the OSINDEPENDENT_UT Java SCA on the DVD.

It seems it installs the base Application Server components but when it gets to the Usage Types that I selected in SAPINST it fails to deploy them with error: trying to connect to the P4 port of the Java Stack.  Even though it fails on the deploy - the base Java Stack is up and running and I can log on to the app server via URL (NWA), configtool, and JSPM.

I was thinking of installing just the base Java Application Server components then following instructions to add Additional Usage Types manually via JSPM. 

Do you think this is the normal work around for Iseries.

Regards,

JP